Treatments

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gcoulter 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

bmw3201
    Participant

Hi my name is Stevie 53 y old. Had myeloma 5 years now . Had most treatments. On that new one now faydax with velcade.give talks on treatments . So if u have an ansewer don’t be afraid to ask many thanks.

bmw3201
    Participant

Also had stem cell 2014. Got a year with no treatment. Was on revilmid then two tumors popped up on my neck. After two weeks of treatment they have almost gone. Live In NI. NHS are super over here

gcoulter
    Participant

Hi Stevie, welcome to the forum, I agree the NHS are super here in NI.

Graham

jellytot
    Participant

Hi Stevie and Graham? I attend Bridgewater and the care has been excellent. I smouldered for a while and have been on treatment for a long time! I have never got to remission so after lenalidomide cyclo and dex I am now on  velcade, cyclo and Prednisolone. Who is your consultant?

bmw3201
    Participant

Dr hull Mandeville. how long u on treat
    Tment. Have u had sct

jellytot
    Participant

Hi Stevie, no, no SCT as I have never had remission 😐. I have been on continuous treatment since August 2015 and 6 months treatment in ’14. I see Michael Quinn. Where are you in NI?

take care

Jane

gcoulter
    Participant

It’s my wife (Edel) who has Myeloma, and she had her SCT in September this year after 6 cycles of VTD. Our consultant is Dr Boyd, in Mandeville, Craigavon. Stevie if you live in the Banbridge area then I may know you, as we used to be neighbours! Either that or your name is more common than you think.

Graham

jellytot
    Participant

It’s a very small world Graham, I’m in Castlewellan! Did she have her sct in 10 north? How is she now?

jane

gcoulter
    Participant

Yes very small world indeed, and yes she had it in 10N. She has recovered really well and has been out and about for around a month now. We were at a wedding a couple of weeks ago, which back in the summer we didn’t think would have been possible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Treatments’ is closed to new replies.