Trip to China

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eva
    Participant

Hi All!
    This is Eva from Scotland. I've just come back from China and would like to post some photos. I'll spread them over a few posts so as not to blow up the system.
    It wasn't meant to be a holiday…. My husband was invited to read in public from his novels at a literary festival in Beijing. I was able to accompany him as long as I paid my fare. We went to Shanghai, Suzhou and Beijing. One wonderful thing that happened was that my husband Michel was allowed to visit a migrant school about an hour out of Beijing. There are many youngsters in big urban centres whose parents have come from the countryside. These children aren't registered for education or medical care and they are dependant on charity schools. The one we went to was run by a Helen Boyle who is British. There was no heating in the school and very few books, but a marvellous spirit amongst teachers and pupils. Michel wrote a story for the class we visited (the pupils were abut 8 years old). He read out the story which was set in Scotland and there was an interpreter on hand. The pupils were thrilled and I took photos.
    I'm also enclosing a few other photos from the rest of the trip. If anyone is curious about any aspect of China and would like me to send them photos of a specific kind then please feel free to email me on evayouren@lineone.net. I am happy to send prints or photos as attachments to an email.
    Best,
    Eva

Min
    Participant

Eva
    You are sooooo lucky, Peters ambition or bucket list is to visit the 'great wall' I would just like to visit China.
    I am so envious and your photos are amazing. We once visited schools in Kenya where the children wrote in the sand and they had no paper or pens until they were proficient at the alphabet, we can count ourselves very lucky in this country of our, as they touch your heart.
    Can I assume you are in remission? and how difficult was it to get Insurance?

Eva
    Participant

Hi Min,
    Am very happy to answer your questions. Would you rather email me direct?
    My email is in one of the posts ; evayouren@lineone.net.
    Best,
    Eva

brocho
    Participant

Hi Eva thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos, they are lovely Mind you I am also green with envy as China was one of my dreams , still theres time yet just got to win the lottery!! love Bridget x

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trip to China’ is closed to new replies.