Trying to tell us something?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

jmsmyth
    Participant

I wonder if someone up there is trying to tell us something 🙁 they started Frank this morning – gave medication – put him on drip to flush the kidneys out – said chemo will be up very soon – long story short, someone ba**esed up, as chemo didn't arrive and then it was too late. Can't give it to him tomorrow as cells have to be put back within 24 hours of chemo and they can't do it on Saturday as there would be none of their team available if anything went wrong (think they are all off on a works outing 😛 ) so we have to wait until Monday and start the procedure all over again. Ever get the feeling someone is trying to tell you something :-S

Take care all
    Love jean xx

Helen
    Participant

Oh jean
    Does this mean frank gets home for the weekend?
    Love Helen

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank

Well that's a blooming bugger, I have said many a time our NHS is the best (as long as its between Mon/Fri)
    I bet you are both well pead off.
    Stick with it and him upstairs ain't saying anything as he dunt know yet 😉 xxx

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxxx

Vicki
    Participant

Oh jean and frank,

What! That's pretty bad isn't it! People are only human but it doesn't help with all the stress and you having to wait so long anyway! Best of luck for Monday! I am sure you will be keeping a close eye jean!

Vicki and Colin xx

Ps hope you enjoyed Barcelona Helen and you are feeling ok despite the scores being a little on the increase 🙁 , refuse to use relapse, hate that word !

🙂

meganjane
    Participant

Dear Jean,

I am so sorry to read about another delay, it is so frustrating. I hope they get everything organised well in advance for Monday and that it all goes smoothly next week.

Megan

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Jean,

After all Frank has had to put up with and his reluctance to go ahead with the SCT in the first place you can hardly deny him a rounded 'I told you so'!

As Tom said, we have a wonderful NHS as long as it's weekdays. My record with infections are always just before or during the week-end and I know that I'm in for a torrid time with part-timers and nobody seeming to be in charge.

Still, its good that starting the process on Monday gives Frank the best part of 5 clear days with all the best medics available to administer the process and giving Frank the best of service and the best of starts to his SCT. 😎

All the very best. 🙂

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Dai

Someone smeo where along the lines is telling porkies :-P. we found out today that the consultant – the top dog is on all weekend. I think it is the case of passing the buck. Frank is quite relaxed about it – I think the fact that he will be ok to watch his beloved United tomorrow may have something to do with it!!! :-S The only thing is he has to start the kidney flush and he just loved it the other day – I began to think he had moved into the bathroom. As you say Monday is a good start, although I'm dreading it, I just want it started.

Dai hope things will,improve for you

Best wishes to Janet
    Take care
    Love Jean x

tom
    Participant

Hi Jean and Frank

Its a bugger when they tell you fibs I prefer the truth up front and straight, I might not like it but if its the truth there is nothing i can do about it.

I can tell you Jean not to worry but you will so al say worry but dont wast time worrying too much Frank will be OK 😀 .

Dai
    It must be an MM thing as as and when (its not often) I feel unwell it always happens on a friday when every one is busy and no one works he he, Roll on Mondays 🙂

Enjoy the week end Folks

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all

Jean, good luck for this next week and keep us posted. When Colin had his sct they went out of their way to tell us that the consultant would be on at weekends! I can vouch for it, I saw him…..he didn't smile much but he seemed to know what he was doing ! Frank will soon be out again and watching Man U to his hearts content.

Take care all, and no illness anyone!

Vicki and Colin x

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Vicki & Colin
    Fri was one month since I escaped from the Christie , at least I wasn't bed blocking, more bed messing !
    Must admit I got a flying start , within two days of my neuts making a welcome return they were up to 3.8
    On first review after one week all bloods / bone marrow were nearly back to normal , fully ok after two weeks
    Ten days ago i really felt a big uplift , cough much improved, frozen neck unfroze itself & I started to want solid food
    Sense of taste still someway to go , only have soup for breakfast ! As i have not yet cracked cereal , but back on coffee
    First night out for curry with friends last night , tandoori mixed grill & I ate the lot !
    We only live thirty mins from the Blackpool / Lytham coast , so back walking the sea front , not that far as yet , but drinking in the sea air
    Consultant says I have walked through all the treatments & I admit I have been extremely lucky after reading lots of other posts
    He also calls me , amongst other things , a tough old boot , but gangs up on me with my wife , i have gone back to work , i only do part time
    Now waiting approx ten days for blood test result which will determine where my remission lies, the three magic words would be nice , but consultant not too worried if its a near miss
    Hair still holding out , although I see a little bit of nose hair growing
    There is to be a full family vote at Easter to see if the beard comes back or I go clean shaven , beardless they say makes me look ten years younger , but forty plus years with a beard I am undecided, mind you if family vote for the clean shaven look , I am stuffed !
    Keep full of positive thoughts !
    Peter

Helen
    Participant

Dear jean
    Here's hoping all goes to plan tomorrow, keep in touch.
    Love to Frank (and you)
    Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen

Thanks so much. I'm sitting here ready to go to hospital but the are strict – visiting only between 1-9. How are you Helen. Aren't you off to the canaries soon Lanzarote? Hope you are feeling good

Love Jean x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean
    How was today? Did it happen? I'm off to Lanzarote – to paint I hope, while husband goes walking, we go in 12 days. Not that I'm counting you understand!
    I'm pretty good at the minute, thanks, less tired and …….no cough!!!!!!!! Finally! After 6 months it is gone.
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Helen glad that damn cough has at last gone and that you are feeling good. Know what you mean – who would look forward to a beautiful holiday in Lanzarote 😀 no point in telling you to have a ball ….

Yes it happened. Stem cells go in tomorrow and I know it's weird but it is so important that I am there. An odd ball!! Will let you know how it goes
    love Jean x

Helen
    Participant

No it's normal I think…. The stem cell transplant is the endpoint…. It's what you have been looking and working towards for such a long time, and it's still going to give the best chance for long remission, so it's very important. I remember being quite excited about the cells going back, which is also weird. Though without them I'd have been in a parlous situation!! So maybe I was just excited to see them arrive and go in without any trouble! The anticlimax is afterwards ….. when you still feel rotten and they turn round and say ' congratulations you are in complete remission' that felt very very odd.
    What time are you back tomorrow?
    Love Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Trying to tell us something?’ is closed to new replies.