Two feet of snow in Essex!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

Well, we have had so much snow fall in this part of Essex that it has been estimated to be about two feet. No wonder I can't get my car out. Anyway I have taken a photo and here's what my road looks like.
    Love, Gaye xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye this made me laugh so much I dropped my dinner !!!Seriously I do hope this wretched weather improves soon its beginning to get me down now Bah humbug!!!love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

I love it Gaye so much so I have ha to steel your photo for my facebook !
    Just wish that was the kind of snow we had, It is now over a week of daily snow and freezing temperatures.
    WE are sick of it. Driving is a nightmare. Walking is exhausting. The central heating is on 24hrs, Where is the Global Warming?
    Min

tinkerbell
    Participant

After what has turned out to be one of the days that this disease kicks you in the teeth when you thought it was actually starting to get better you've made me laugh out loud Gaye – Thank you x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Pamela – I am so sorry you are feeling a bit duffed up at the moment. MM has this habit of doing its own thing and I am in a similar place right now. One of the great things about being a Brit is that we tend to have a sense of the ridiculous and humour. I know that mine has kept me going through some dark hours and when I see a 'silly' like this one I like to pass them on because normally they just crack me up. It's good to know that they make people laugh so I am glad you enjoyed this one.

I am thinking of you Pamela.
    Love, Gaye xx

tinkerbell
    Participant

Oh Gaye,
    Sorry that your feeling a bit down. I've had pain my leg although I've managed to achieve another remission and am happy to be going to use thalidomide as a maintenance drug and have started an array of vitamins to prevent the the PN getting worse. I've been having pain in my hips and legs though and was rather shocked last week to be told that my left femur is at high risk of fracturing and needs nailed. I'm now on crutches and waiting for a bed to have my operation so quite annoyed that I'm now feeling well just annoyed that I'm not going to be able to drive for the next seven weeks plus. On the positive I went to see Peter Kaye on Friday night and had a fabulous time and haven't laughed so much for a long time which is good for the soul.

Is there anything specific getting you down? Hope it's not the snow.
    Pamela x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hope you get some good news soon to lift your spirits You are so right about humour even in my darkest times I can usually find something ridiculous to laugh at , as you say very british !!lots of love Bridget x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Pamela and Bridget

Thank you for your lovely replies. Pamela, I see what you mean about good news and bad news. Great news about remission but not so good regarding your bones. Not being able to drive for so long would also cheese me off. I had a week of it with the snow and that was enough. Well another myeloma warrior facing yet more challenges but I know your positivity will come back because that's what we do!

For myself, having had the disease for 7 years my options are very limited. I spend lots of time having needles put into me but this is par for the course. So yes, I do get very down at times but it feels great when my positivity comes back! Seeing the back of the snow is also a boost!

Love, Gaye xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Two feet of snow in Essex!’ is closed to new replies.