Unexpected Results

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  tobygo 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

tobygo
    Participant

Hi Graeme – Good luck in November. I am just behind you in the time line – Stem cell collection on the 9th /10th November with transplant early in the New Year.

I look forward to hearing from you that it all went well.

Hi Michelle – great news on the October results.

dino
    Participant

Toby, read my experience on the stem cell harvest. I was the one in a year that Addenbrookes get. I managed to pass out but also gave 760 Million cells in the 2 hours, which the equivalent of 4 stem cell therapys worth. I suggest some one goes with you as especially if you have a anula in each elbow as you cannot bend your arm. Makes reading and getting a drink difficult. They recommend 5 hours on the machine so be ready for a long boring time.

tobygo
    Participant

Hi Dino

Thanks for the tip – I did read your post on the harvest and I hope that you are recovered. I couldn’t decide whether you were lucky or not to give up so many cells! It sounds as though there were some significant downsides. My wife is determined to come with me for the harvest despite my protestations saying that ‘I will be fine’. However, from what you say, that will be a good thing.

Many thanks

Toby

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Unexpected Results’ is closed to new replies.