update on allo sct

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  zasrs 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

shirley
    Participant

Hi everybody,as promised another update,everything is going really well with the allo sct,its day 13,not got a sore mouth,temperture is great,platelets were a little low last week but they are rising again,hopefully if this continues i mite be allowed home not this weekend but maybe the following. Sadly though i lost all my lucious curly hair again,small price to pay but worth it.Hope everybody is well and i know i'm alittle late but HAPPY NEW YEAR and i hope its a better year for most of you, x xluv Shirls x x

piatkaz
    Participant

Hi Shirley

I'm so happy for you that alls going well and no sore mouth did you use ice cubes or is it a bit different from an auto,I've been waiting since 27th Dec for my auto but no beds at moment,I'll be having a allo 3 months after my auto mine will be a mini was yours a mini or full keep the updates going
    Ian xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Well done Shirley, the sore mouth and throat was my biggest bind, apart form the infection of course.

Great to see you are doing so well.
    kindest reagards
    David

brocho
    Participant

Hi Shirley great to hear you are doing so well not long now till you are home . I know whatyou mean about losing curls though I was upset when mine went last year and when it came back with no curls!! But life would be very boring if our hair stayed the same !! love Bridget x

myra
    Participant

Hi Shirls Happy New Year, great to read your post and hear every thing is going well. Sorry that you have lost your curls but heyho new year new hair style.Best wishes Myra x

tom
    Participant

Happy New Year Shirl

And my are you an "Onwards and Upwards" Girl or what 😀

If thats not the way to do it then i dont know what is, way to go girl 🙂

Keep up the happy posts

Tom xx

SharonG
    Participant

Hi Shirley
    so glad to hear that you are doing well! As I am sure you will remember how quick your hair grows back once it starts and may be it will grow back different this time, I just remember praying it didn't grow back grey!
    Wishing you luck and all the best for the new year!
    Love Sharon x

Gill
    Participant

So pleased that all is going well. Gill xx

PS to Sharon as a 60 year old that has had her hair faintly high lighted for the last umpteen years I dread to think what colour it would grow into!!!!

SharonG
    Participant

Lol sorry gill, like shirley I was quite proud of my dark (would have been very curly if I didn't straighten them!) locks, hence the pre-transplant photo. Fortunately for me they have grown back lovely and its time I found a new photo of me! I have always said I will resort to dyeing it if it starts to go grey! Hopefully at 40 I have got a few years yet to go- if this dreadful illness doesn't get me first!

I hope I didn't offend you too much
    love Sharon x

Gill
    Participant

No ofeence Sharon just a scracthing of head (hair!) and wondering what colour would be under there. Even at my age I am still too vain to find out 🙂

Gillxx

Elizellen
    Participant

How great to hear how well you are doing, Shirley!!

Onwards and Upwards!!

Eliz
    XX
    X

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Shirley

Happy Near Year! So glad to hear things are going well with you. You are very brave.

Your post has answered a question I have been wondering about which is 'does every new regime of chemo lead to hair loss.

Keep cheerful and look forward to that long remission.

Love

Mavis

Perkymite
    Participant

Actually Girls, my original hair was a very light mousy brown. Very fine hair and dead straight. The new hair which grew back was very dark and a lot thicker and curley, but, I still had my bald patch. So all my family are waiting to see what will happen this time:-S

kindest regards
    David

tom
    Participant

Oh now you have gone and done it, the mention of "Hair" not so much after my SCT but wayyy before I got Married 😀

My Hair, was Long, black Nay "Raven in Color"8-) with slight waves, way down my back and Looked great:-D

Oh for the joys of youth again Lol

zasrs
    Participant

hi shirley

great to hear your great news, amazing what can be done with drugs and willpower! Gordons hair grew back thicker and not so grey still had his bald patch, waiting to what happens this time, still very bald wears his hat all the time.

Were you given the option of a wig? some wigs i saw at kings were lovley grat for keeping the head warm1

continue improving

beast wishes
    sarah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘update on allo sct’ is closed to new replies.