UPDATE ON MICHAEL

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  susannah 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

susannah
    Participant

Hi Havent posted for a while about Michael, not sure what to say now ive started. Things have not gone to well since Bendamustine stopped, hes had a couple of stays in hospital with infections, and generally been very tired, but still remains positive. I on the other hand have been feeling sorry for myself especially today, I dropped him off at our local hosptial at 8,30 this morning, hes having a blood transfusion as HB is only 6.5. I wont be collecting him until about 6 o clock. Why do I feel so guilty leaving him, I have never left him before in all the years hes had MM, but he told me to go and have some me time! not sure what im supposed to do just sat here worrying.
    Sorry to moan
    Love to you all
    Suex

tom
    Participant

aww Sue I am sure its hard for you folk that are erm on the side lines and having to leave us MM folk alone to all the treatment, its a sad thing but it has to be done anm afraid.

You Time is somthing you want to do but cant because you wory too much about Michael.

Hope all is soon sorted out

Love and Hugs to you Both

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Anonymous

Hi Sue

I really understand how you feel and you are not moaning. My husband Henry had his SCT a few months ago and he is back at work part time now and doing well, its just me that isnt good. I fret when im not with Henry and fuss when Im with him. It is an awful thing to watch the person who you love the most in the world become so ill and to know that this disease could come back at any time. I am due to see a counsellor soon so lets see if that helps. Im just so angry and upset all the time and cant see to move on 🙁 dont get me wrong I am so happy henry is doing well and positive for the future but it is like living with a dark cloud over your head. You must make the most of time by yourself – rest or sleep or just watch some TV or even go shopping or meet some friends – it does help. Im always here if you need a chat 🙂
    Love Sarah x

Tina
    Participant

Hi Sue,

So good to hear from you I have been wondering how Michael was doing, I'm so sorry he has been unwell and in hospital – so very draining for you both.
    You have no doubt been by Michael's side throughout all his treatments and procedures which from my own experience comforted me as I always wanted to be around if something were to go wrong. But, of course you will now be sitting around worrying which is perfectly natural – Michael clearly worries about you so the best you can do is collect him with a hug and a smile.
    Is there any sign of treatment at all?
    Love
    TinaXX

eve
    Participant

Hi Sue

I understand were you are coming from but it will do you good to have a bit of me time,feeling guilty about it is natural.

I am very much the same I spend a lot of time in the hospital with slim,it takes me 1hr to get there,buy the time I get back my day is finished,buti am aware I will have to pace myself as I will not be. Much good to him when he comes out.
    You will just have to fell yourself he is in the next best place to be looked after,and plan to see a good friend for coffee next time.

Sue you have every right to feel sorry for yourself,I would recommend a good bottle of wine,but it comes at a price a bad head in the morning. Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

hello Sue

I get my husband to have me time I think its important so if i have an appointment that may take a couple of hours he drops me off he also goes fishing once a week this is important so do not feel guilty if you do he will feel guilty for taking up all your time
    love jo x

brocho
    Participant

Dear Sue I am so sorry to hear things arent going well , no wonder it has hit you hard. Please dont feel guilty , you certainly have no need. Michael can probably see how much you need a break too Try and be kinder to yourself Sue , you are Michaels strentgh and its bound to take its toll , but you do need time away frm myeloma and hospitals etc let alone the huge worry hanging over you I hope things get a little easier lots of love to you and Michael xxx ps my e-mail address is bridget.rochfort@btinternet.com if need to contact me privately x

tmc
    Participant

Hi Sue,
    I know exactly what you mean my husband had had MM for years and I just don't know what to do when i don't have to be with him. I wander around trying things and not settling at anything it is so strange as if something is missing.
    I hope eventually you will be able to settle at something and relax do take care we have to be strong and healthy for us and our husbands and family By now Michael will be home and I hope the transfusion did what it was suppossed to do and you are feeling a little calmer.
    Love Teresa

susannah
    Participant

Hi Thankyou all for your kind replys I dont post on the sight as often as I should, but I know whenI do I always feel much calmer. I find it hard to share things, open up if you like, but this site does help people do that. Thanks Eve Ive ive had a few of those headaches recently!
    Tina ive been thinking about you recently,tried to email you.

Take care and
    thank you
    Suex

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘UPDATE ON MICHAEL’ is closed to new replies.