Update

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  zasrs 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

The very best of luck… hold on… I've missed a day.

Results please madam. 🙂

Dai.

Min
    Participant

Ok Today
    Two pints of blood please. Don't mind if I do. (Says Peter) Actualy it was two units not pints
    He was feeling lousy today had clinic…. light chains from last wednesday Five thousand and something. Didn't hear the rest just happy with that. that was 9-30am we actualy got seen quick for a change. The day ward now that was different matter. Waited an hour for a bed. then the blood wasnt there. plus had a heck of job finding a vein. I left and went home to do some housework. Neutropenic man at home and need surgical cleanlines>>> of the Minnie variety LOL
    The hospital is only about 3-4miles away. Must log it sometime to find out. Anyway its 15minutes
    Back home for about 3pm a new man (I wish) pink cheeks and feeling so much more alive than washed out. 1st time ever he has had a transfusion. He is still awake too which is a record for the past week.
    Oh and the Thalidomide continues. double doses of that tablet to protect his stomach from ulcers. Back on Thursday for more platelets.
    Lost his appetite, everything tastes metallic.. Ive told him to wash his mouth out with pineapple juice but he hates pineapples!
    Oh, and told specifically not to cut the grass as its dangerous… not that he has the energy but an interesting fact when your on chemo. Dr did say why but I did not catch it all.
    Day unit was manic today with emergencies… must have all been cutting the grass.
    PS used the term stem cell rescue today… pause for thought when I heard it. But will be in abbot 3 weeks time. IF he has recovered from this lot by then. Don't want the blighters to start growing again.
    Love Min

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

All sounds horrid but also sounds as though the treatment is having some good effect,also sounds as though your hospital needs more capacity!! Things are not too good in the NHS very scary for mm patients but what is new.:-(

Hope all keeps improving for you both

Sarah xx

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Update’ is closed to new replies.