Velcade Subcutaneously?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Min 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi everyone,because of the problem I have with my Veins ie:-they are hard to find and most of them are useless anyway,the idea of a Subcutaneous injection sounded like the solution to mine and many others plight.
    After yet more problems today I once again broached the issue with the Sister and was told that this practice is not licenced in the UK.
    So I have to be subjected to yet more aborted attempts to fit a canula ending up covered in bruises and looking more like a junky than a Cancer patient.
    If this practice delivers the drug correctly then this should be the only deciding factor and therefore it should be licenced ASAP.

Keith.H.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith it is blooming awful when your veins just cant be accessed and its even worse when you know the situation isnt going to improve. I agree with you wholeheartedly that licensing the sub-cutaneous injections needs to be a priority . It is infuriating that there isnt a short cut for situations like this Hope you arent feeling too battered love Bridget

KWilson
    Participant

Well, licensed or not, in the circumstances, could your consultant not authorise sc injections? There are lots of drugs that are given on a 'named patient' basis because they aren't licensed, surely the method of administration should be the same? Worth an ask?

xxxxxxxxx

KeithH17
    Participant

Asked twice and still no go.
    It seems this practice is a no go area around these parts so I'll just have to hope my veins hold out,even though the nurses are never shy to tell me they are just about shot to pieces.

One more on Mon and that's the third cycle completed and some well earned rest to allow my body to recover.

Keith.

Roz
    Participant

Hi Keith

Sorry you have got this problem. Michael had it too. In the end everything went interveniously for Michael. Hope I've spelt it right and you understand.

If it cannot be taken one way they have to find another way. Michael looked battered, so I'm sorry your the same.

Hope things improve for you
    Luv Roz

Min
    Participant

What a bi**h Keith,
    Dont you just love the powers that be. Lobby your MP, what have you got to lose. Get your fighting spirit going, Do it on a Dex day and get rid of all the anger the dex brings.
    Im a newly liberated from work woman and sort of missing it already. Working in the law you are tied to regulations that dont make sense.
    Min

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Velcade Subcutaneously?’ is closed to new replies.