Wheatgrass

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

faith
    Participant

Hi

Has anyone taken Wheatgrass and if so has it helped you in any way. I am going to ask my consultant next Monday about it. Daughter-in-law has been taking it for irritable bowel and she feels great.

Thanks
    Janet

DaiCro
    Participant

Whatever works for you shouldl be your guide but be aware that there are certain foodstuffs and drinks that shoud be avoided during certain treatments… grapefruit and grapefruit juice during Velcade for instance if I recall correctly.

I remember asking my consultant about Tumeric and she sighed. She said that they are asked about certain foods and supplements as a common occurence…as if people are grasping at straws and trying to mix magic and medicine. Her advice was to eat and drink whatever you chosse while on remission or out of treatment but while on treatment stick to the plain and simple and any restrictions noted by your lead nurse.

I'm in two minds… we follow a high vegetable diet, with a seaweed (kelp) supplement which is also very, very tasty,especially with sweet potato and lamb. But as for the tumeric,wheatgrass and others that raise their heads occasionally… I'm not so sure. But that's just me Janet.:-)

What a beautiful name you have btw.8-)

Dai (& Janet):-D

Mari
    Participant

I cant help you with wheat grass Janet but I heard a nutrionist speak and she was very much in favour of antioxidants, found in highly coloured fruit and vegetables, blueberries strawberries, raspberries peppers, beetroot etc. Apparently these can inhibit cell division in cancer cells. Also a low sugar diet is good because again cancer cells use high sugar environments to give them energy to divide. I dont know whether this advice is specific to myeloma but it strikes me as good general advice for healthy eating for anyone,

All the best, Mari x

faith
    Participant

Hi Dai and Janet,
    I am in remission and I do eat and drink everything. I suppose that you could take allsorts of vitamins and still not be well.
    Janet is the best name ever!!

Janet

tom
    Participant

Hi Janet

Hows you doing see your in remission still 😀 and that good news, not heard from you for a month or two and am pleased you are OK 😎 Not heard anything about Wheatgrass but if its good take it I have started taking "Green Tea" and that is awfull Lol ye I drink it as it says its good for me ???? do I enjoy it???? not likely Lol will it work for me am sure it will Lol:-S

Keep in touch Janet 😀

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

faith
    Participant

Hi Tom

I am fine thanks, still got a little bit of a cough though. I am also drinking green tea but just first thing in the morning, must try it all the time. I do also try to eat healthily, lots of fruit and veg .
    I should come on here more often sorry!!

Love Janet

tom
    Participant

Hi Janet
    Am pleased your doing Good 😀 and hey I have had a cough since I stopped smoking (nov 09) am sure the fags were good for me Ha ha.

Dont worry about not getting on often just log on as and when ytou want or feel the need to.

Stay Well

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wheatgrass’ is closed to new replies.