Will there be anything else?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mhnevill 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

BADGER
    Participant

Wonderful news Gill:-P

I hope you have a marvellous holiday:-)

Love JO

tom
    Participant

Lol Dai as am sure you know I am (or was) a hairy ass docker so am now up to speed on that Lol.

And same goes for you Dai if you feel with the help of your brother that you could do the trip then I for one (and you for two) would say go on lad get on with it, you will enjoy it, it might be better to hire a Cmper van as you could stop and sleep where you wanted to (as long as its legal lol) I can just pitcture you four on the road in the "Camper" Van you playing guitar and all singing round a camp fire on the spanish border lol.

Good Luck to whatever you all choose and am sure you will all love it 🙂

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards xx

Gill
    Participant

Dai I am sure that Janet will back you to the hilt. GO you only get one chance in life and you should grab the opportunities

I want to wrap Stephen in cotton wool and keep him close to me to take care of him, but I know that whatever life any of us have should be lived. Stephen is not a stupid person. If he ever fancied bungie jumping he is hardly likley to do it with his damaged spine.

On the other hand if he wants to travel for 2 days with 2 naughty little dogs and me to spend a few weeks in what will one day be the most beautiful house in France but for now is a cold miserable wreck—Well what the heck:-S

At least we now have a flushing loo. In the early days we had to use a bucket and chuck it. Poo time was always spent in the local hostelry coffee? aperitif? did not matter as long as we could use the loo.

TOO MUCH INFORMATION But great memories for us

Gill xxxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Thanks Gill,

Given half the chance (and after a private word with my lead nurse) I will make it happen… although I won't play the mm card with Janet, I just need to assuage her fears and convince her that with Roy and Angie's support it is very doalble.:-)

On another matter, I recall the problems you were both having with Stephen's Dexatude… have those circumstances changed? I do hope so… because for a couple of days (days 2&3) I find myself biting back words and some pretty nasty feelings of frustration and a complete lack of tolerance. It gets better as the week goes on… but I remember being shocked at Stephens condition and more so by your admittance… just thought I'd ask… I have snapped a few times verbally but I have realised what I have done, apologised and Janet bless her has supported me with both understanding and love… and seeing her doing that fills me with self-loathing. But I know now that it won't take me over… I had a little word with my Dex.. thanked it for all the good work it is doing but told it the I will not allow it to change my nature… even though I suspect that it is actually part of my nature that in normal circumstances I control with ease.:-/

Dai.

Perkymite
    Participant

I have just caught up with this post, been busy in the garden fixing a 30 year old swing bed – I am determined it will outlast me LOL. I am so pleased things ended well for both of you. Enjoy you trip to France and the very best of luck.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

Gill
    Participant

DEX!!!!!!! How I hate it and am grateful to it at the same time. Stephen should be on it now as it will be used as part of his maintenance regime. It has been held back for the moment because of his shingles.

When Stephen was first prescribed it the dose was huge and Stephen was horrid but for ages did not recognise that it was him and not me. When the dose was reduced he still got frustrated and angry but was able to bite the nasty comments back as he recognised his "dexatude"

Stephen has always been a very laid back person never one to bite back or argue it's me who is the argumentative one! So it was a huge shock to see him being Mr Angry. I was quite cross that his medical team had not warned us about this, but they said it did not affect everybody the same way (just most people!)

I have read of one lady who got so full of energy in the middle of the night she used to get up, clean the house and do the ironing are you listening Stephen?

We have both said that it must be even scarier if you were an angry person to start with. Do people with anger issues resort to physical violence? It doesn't bare thinking about.

Stephen asked me to tell you Dai that he understands your feelings of self loathing. I would like to tell you that the fact you feel it makes you,like Stephen, a pretty nice dam guy and I, like Janet understand it is not my husband snapping at me but a drug that is doing him good

Please give my kindest regards and best wishes to Janet

Much love Gill

PS I have just worked out (all on my own) what TFFT means you are naughty and I completely agree with you.
    You should haven seen Stephen's face when I suddenly shouted it out

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Jill and Stephen

Can't tell you how much it cheered me up to come in on the end of these postings to hear that you are off to France and it was bu__er all! Scary days some are, aren't they.

Go and have some really chill out times, but hopefully not chilly!

Lots of love.

Mavis

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Will there be anything else?’ is closed to new replies.