Zometa – Shoulder Pain?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  willjames2 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

willjames2
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have just had an Auto Stem Cell Transplant and I’m recovering at home. I have been home about 5 days now and I’m feeling tired as expected. However, I also have Shoulder Pain. It feels like it’s the joint (right shoulder). I wondered if this could be caused by Zometa? I had an infusion just before I left Hospital which was the first one I have had for about 11 weeks.

I have never had pain in my Shoulder before from Zometa but I can’t think what else it could be. Has anyone else suffered something similar?

Any help would be most welcome.

Cheers

Scott

finn
    Participant

Hi Scott

Your shoulder pain sounds very familiar; I have had similar pains in my shoulders since SCT last December. I have also had pains in my arms, legs, hip, you name it. I have not had Zometa since SCT so maybe the pains are just the bones and joints recovering from the damage caused by mephalan?

willjames2
    Participant

Finn,

Thanks for the reply. I never thought of that, maybe it is something to do with the Melphalan. It does ease with painkillers however it’s always there, like a dull ache in my arm / shoulder all the time.

I’m due back at the Hospital on Friday so I’ll speak to them then about it.

Best Wishes

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Zometa – Shoulder Pain?’ is closed to new replies.