6 years on… still going strong

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mulberry 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

willjames2
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Another update. As of tomorrow, it’s 6 years to the day, I was diagnosed. Wow, time flies.

Anyway, I’m still going strong, still working full time and still doing the things we love to do at every opportunity.

I am having some treatment at the moment (Carfilzomib & Dexamethasone) in Hospital twice a week for a few hours, but its a small price to pay to be in remission again after a slight bio-mechanical relapse last year.

The Hospital Nurses and Doctors at The Manchester Royal Infirmary are superb as always.

For anyone, newly diagnosed, all is not lost, keep faith in your medical team and keep strong in mind. There is life after Myeloma, you just have to adjust and live it!

Onward and Upwards

Kind Regards

Scott

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  willjames2.

Anonymous

Hi Scott well one ‘blip’ hasn’t dampened your positive and cheerful attitude. Good luck to you and take care..regards Deirdre.

jonnynorth
    Participant

Great to hear.
    I’m a 49 year old married father of 2 and have just been diagnosed.
    Pretty terrified still at this stage. Had never even heard of myeloma 2 weeks ago but great to see so much to be inspired on within these pages.
    Jonny

kevin
    Participant

Hello Jonny

I was diagnosed back in 2006 then 48 and like you had never heard of it. Still going strong at 61. Couple of set backs but they were sorted. Just coming to the end of my current treatment at the end of November. New drugs coming through since I was diagnosed and new discoveries all the time.
    Best wishes
    Kevin

mulberry
    Participant

Younger people statistically have the best responses to current treatments. Myeloma is more of a steeplechase than a sprint.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.