All going to Plan

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  KeithH17 13 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello everyone,started 5th cycle of Dex+Velcade today.
    Also spoke to my Consultant who told me he had written to Prof Jackson with reference to my pending 2nd SCT.
    He told me that they might go for it after 6,cycles although it's more than likely that I will complete the full eight.
    My PP's have halved which equates to a good response.
    My Stem Cells are being held at Newcastle,harvested during preparation for my first transplant 3,years ago,so everything is in place and ready to go.
    I can't say I'm looking forward to it given the still vivid memories of the last one but I also know it's something I need to go through to gain a worthwhile remission.

Best of health to all…Keith.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith good to hear things are still going well for you. As for the sct well at least it wont be as scary as last time! It does seem as if people are not having to spend so lo long in hospital post transplant these days so thats a bonus!!Keep on keeping on Keith ! love Bridget x

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Bridget,had a letter from The Freeman Hospital and an appointment has been made for 19th May with regard to a second transplant procedure.
    By this time I will have completed 6,cycles of Velcade so they may be looking at going for the SCT in June.
    Thank's for been the only one to reply and give support to my previous post.
    I know I can always count on you Bridget and it's certainly most appreciated always.

You take care yourself and keep me posted on your own situation.

Keith.

Debs
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    How are you feeling about the transplant? It's good to hear that the velcade has worked for you…it seems to be doing the same for me, so I may not be far behind you with a transplant date!

Bridget is a gem isn't she….most definitely one to count on and we shouldn't forget that! And I'm really sorry if you felt that none of the rest of us supported you….poor show on our part I know.

Take care and hope your meeting on the 19th goes well
    Debs x

piatkaz
    Participant

Hi Kieth
    Sorry for the lack of response,I've just been through what you are, went on velcade and dex and had my 2nd SCT middle of Jan (1st one was in May 08)I know we are all different but I found this one much easier than the 1st and was released after 14 days.
    All the best Ian

brocho
    Participant

Hi Keith good news that you have a possible date for your sct. One good thing in using your frozen cells is you wont have to go through the harvest process again , it can be a real pain second time around ! It wont be long before you are feeling tip -top just make sure you dont overdo it in th early days You have such a strong positive attitude to mm that I am sure it wont take you too long to recover and hopefully you will be able to enjoy the summer I think your post may have got lost amongst a bunch of others and thats why not many people picked up on it originally. At least this time around you will know what to take in with you to combat the boredom etc Take care and have a good weekend love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Keith, Lucky you, I have only one SCT planned in my treatment and I have had that:-/ . It took me two goes and I only then just got enough stem cells. I counted myself lucky however, the guy in the next bed was given the thumbs down for Stems Cells so barring him for an SCT altogether 🙁

I am sure it will all go well, chin up you sound a bit down

Kindest regards

David

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's guys…I've heard the second sct is easier but also that it can take longer to recover from so I'll take it as it comes and hope for the best.
    Least I have experience this being my 2nd so I more or less know what to expect.
    Bridget,Debs you are both absolute rocks,a great inspiration to us all.
    Ian,what you say seems in agreement with many other patient experiences.
    David…I'm not down,just abit Dextatude and I must be allowed that surely?

Finished 5th today so maybe just one more cycle and then sct around June?

Thank's again for your replys and keep posting your own progress.
    We will beat this together.

Keith.

Perkymite
    Participant

Dexatude – I know exactly where you are coming from Keith:-D 😀

kindest regards

David

BADGER
    Participant

hi kieth

I am following your story closely I am not on velcade yet they tell me it will be my next treatment I am really not looking forward to the DEX as I am a type 2:-/ diabetic so have to go on insulin as steriods really raise sugars I think about you all,all of the time hopeing everyone is successful

Good Luck with the next SCT

lOVE jO XXX

Min
    Participant

Keith……..
    What can I say been on a crappy holiday, wish I had stayed home and read your post instead. What brilliant good news
    So pleased the velcade has worked for you. Its is remarkable how some of these medications work for some and not for others. Will your transplant be in the Freeman? It has excellent facilities, Lucky you to see jane Conn again she is a lovely lady. Might drop in on you on a clinic day?
    Take Care mate
    Min

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Min,sorry about the delayed response but have been busy over the last 3,weeks.
    I will be having sct at the Freeman and will find out more when I go on the 19th May.
    It's a 86 mile round trip which is a bit of a bind but it has to be done.
    Hope you are both doing well and I'll let you know what's happening after my visit to the hospital next month.

Keith.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘All going to Plan’ is closed to new replies.