Another farewell…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

My sister phoned me with the news that one of our childhood neighbours and friends passed yesterday.

Yvonne was the same age as my sister, 3 years older than me and has been like a surrogate sister for most of my life. I was with her in September last and we compared notes (hers a brain tumour). She was a quietly witty and intelligent lady with a crystal clear memory of our childhood.

Yvonne was diagnosed a year after me and seemed to be responding well to treatment… she had a brain embolism in her sleep on Monday night and slipped away peacefully sometime yesterday.

This is the fourth friend to be diagnosed after me and depart… while I am still out on the road… and the only one who knew his destination as a certainty.

Such, as is so often said so accurately, is life. 🙁

Dai.

gina45
    Participant

Dai i am so sorry to hear your news,its always so sad to lose someone.
    My thoughts are with Yvonnes family at this sad time.
    Ian my husband, his brother died of an aneurysm in 2009( the year mum was diagnosed with myeloma). I do remember my mum saying at least i have seen my children grow up(Anthony was 0n 39 with 3 children under 5) You know life is so cruel. I hope that you are ok, you take care of yourself.
    Gina xx

tom
    Participant

Dai My Condolences to you and Yvonne's family at this sad Time.

I also have seen friends pass away with Cancer that was diagnosed after I was its such a sad time.

Hope you are keeping well and Take care.

Tom x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Dai

Sorry you have this bereavement to deal with along with everything else. It's so hard to make sense of it.

Hang in there and value each day you are given without feeling guilty as you have so much to cope with.

Mavis x

Roz
    Participant

Dai

I'm so sorry to hear you've had another loss,
    think positive, remember your here for a reason. Please don't be guilty just try and cope with what you've got.

Love Roz xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Thank you one and all,

Yvonne didn't suffer at the end… it seems a nice and peaceful way to go in my eyes and I would like to think that I will slip away like that. I know Yvonne knew the possibilities and I know she had started her goodbyes a good while ago.

It's not earth shattering or tragic… just very sad for all those who knew and valued her friendship… and my life will be that little bit poorer for her leaving.:-|

Dai.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another farewell…’ is closed to new replies.