Bendamustine Here We Go

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  KeithH17 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Started new treatment today and will be back tomorrow for the second session along with Zometa infusion.

I had blood test first which showed Hb:9.4
    WBC1.7
    Plts 36
    Neuts 0.6

Prednisolone days 1-4
    Dexamethosone 2-4 8mg per day
    Ondansetron 2 tablets on 2nd/3rd/4th day of cycle
    Allopuvinol 1 tablet on each day of cycle to protect the kidneys
    Bendamustine 230mg infusion of a 60 minute period.

Next blood test will be Thursday then regular tests on a weekly basis for the first 4-6 weeks at least.

I certainly hope the Bendamustine does the job in kicking out the MM and I also hope that the bloods in particular the Nuets start to go up or else I'm in trouble by what I've read. I've been Neutropenic on and off ever since I started Revlimid as even when I had zero PP's my Neuts were 0.8 and 1.2 when PP's were at 2.13g/l and the doctors could not decide whether the cause was the Revlimid or the MM making a comeback hence the BMB when the question was answered or was it? Like Dai says in his belief that it's C-diff that's effecting the way Revlimid is working and having Consultant support for this view for me lays bare to any possibility that medicine could be regarded as an exact science,and it's this uncertainty and difference of opinion that makes me feel uneasy. Maybe even in my case Revlimid may not have been given a proper chance but then that would mean the BMB has little if any credence and I for one don't believe that for one moment so I go along with the experts. Like Dai,Scott and others seeing their options running out it's paramount that each treatment keeps working for as long as possible giving the next drug a chance to get onto the statute book. I'm sure we will all make the next hurdle in our battle against MM and let's hope our present treatments work well enough to get us there.

Stay well and keep fighting.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Morning Keith

I also hope the Bendamustine works for you with little or no side effects (as if :-S ) lets hope it kicks its butt and give you a long long remission.

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xx

susannah
    Participant

Good luck Keith fingers crossed
    Love
    Sue

Eva
    Participant

Dear Keith,
    Thinking of you. Let's know what happens.
    Eva

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hope treatment works Keith. Kick this bu**er into touch. Thinking of you

Love Jean x

Tina
    Participant

I'm keeping everything crossed for you Keith
    Love Tina X

Ali
    Participant

Hi Keith

Im with the others – Good luck to you

Love Ali x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Keith

All the best with this next stage of treatment, I'll pop in to see how you are doing.

Keep well love liz & kev xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Keep going buddy just keep bl88dy well going. I wish you all the luck in the world

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello David,

Just seen you post thought I'd say hi and how are you keeping? Well I hope.

Regards liz & kev xx

andyg
    Participant

Hi Keith

I hope this new treatment works and gives you a decent remission. You've been through the mill recently you deserve some respite. My neutrophils were 0.6 that last blood test up from 0.4 so like you I've been Neutropenic for a few weeks now. My other bloods are ok now and my platelets gave gone up to the mid 120s. Hopefully my Neuts will start to climb too.
    My PPs didn't move for a few cycles of Revlamid I'm not sure now if it was the addition of cyclophosphamide that started them downwards. Though there was a slight climb in my last but one results – still waiting for my last result. I think it was Dai whom said Revlamid can be a slow starter.
    Anyway he I hope bendamustine works out to be the drug for you and the side effects are kind to you. We're all rooting for you good luck and take care

Andy

PS. I'm off to see Prof Jackson on Monday for an update on the search for a donor and maybe a firmer time scale for my Allo :-/

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank you Andy and to everyone who have sent their kind thoughts and support. I will certainly keep you all informed as to the ongoing progress or otherwise of this treatment. I had my 2nd infusion of Bendamustine yesterday and that is it for one month. I take Prednisolone and Dex days 1-4 and that apart from Ondansetron and 1 tablet per day of Allopuvinol to protect my kidneys that's it as far as the pills are concerned. I feel a bit lethargic but otherwise ok at this early stage and my bloods will be checked regularly, the next test being this Thursday. Particular intention will be given to the Nuets/Hb and Platelet counts and of course the PP's which will determine the progress of the treatment with blood and Platelet transfusions given if and when needed and that's about it for now anyway.

Andy,hope the meeting with the Prof went well for you and once again thank's to all of you and lot's of good health.

Keith.

BADGER
    Participant

good luck Keith

I really hope this new regime works for you it sounds a good drug there seems to be even more on the way from America so watch this space they said to me if VCT doesnt work they even revisit CDT as it worked well last time! finished the first four shots today week off next week;-) yippee had to have 2 units of blood as as Hb dropped to 7.3 ok now
    Hang on in there love Jo xx

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Jo

Yes you're right in that as long as a previous treatment has worked for 6 months or more it can then be used a second time which gives us another option in our fight against the dreaded MM. Hope your own treatment works well for you Jo and your Hb starts climbing up. Thank you for your support which is very important to me and all others who are fighting this disease.

Keep fighting and we will beat it into submission.

Keith.

Helen
    Participant

Hi Keith
    Just a note to add to the others, hoping this treatment goes well for you and keeps the mm at bay for a long time. Hope you aren't too tired after the infusions
    Love Helen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bendamustine Here We Go’ is closed to new replies.