Bridget

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  SiobhanRochfort 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

I just wondered if anyone has heard from Bridget recently. I know she wasn't very well and it seems ages since she posted

Gill

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Gill,

Bridget had an infection or two which meant hospital time and now she has a case of shingles which I believe have affected her eyes. She has made one or two quick posts on here recently but is more active on Facebook. There are several forum members active on FB for social chat etc… led by Tom & Min… you could always make friends and try that way.:-)

Look for Bridget Rochfort and request friend. I go under Dai Crowther… you will quickly find the rest.8-)

And how are you two anyway?

Dai.

Gill
    Participant

Dear Dai

Thank you for your reply. Stephen had shingles a little while ago and was in great pain so I am sorry to hear that Bridget is suffering with it and having it effect your eyes must be horrendous. When Stephen was told by one of his chemo nurses that some people get it in their eyes he felt very lucky that it was only down one leg and on one side of his bum.

I am not very good with facebook. I did look up Min and got the wrong lady She very kindly accepted me as a friend but was a 45 year old black lady who looked nothing like "our" Min :-/ I obviously need more practice

Stephen has now relapsed for the fourth time so we have both been pretty down. He seems to sprout a new plasmocytoma (sp?) every day. He is having radiotherapy as I speak on some of the sites and his Drs hope that starting bendomustine next week will help chase off some of the smaller growths. But they have warned us that the prognosis is not very good.

MM is a funny beast Some people manage to carry on for a long time with it and for others, like Stephen, it is so aggressive that nothing seems to touch it.

Love from Gill

eve
    Participant

Hi Gill

It must be a very hard time for you at this moment I do hope they find something that will help Stephen,I do know some myeloma,s are more aggressive than others,i do not know if you remember Sharon who use to post,she had a more aggressive type.

I found it difficult to get Min on facebook,so i went through Tom or Dai they e mailed my bit and Min accepted me,She is doing very well I think she still looks in on here,but she is widening her world.

Its nice to hear from you Gill i think when you get to your stage you worry about posting,please post if you need us.
    You were right about Kings food it was awful poor Slim is 9st 8lbs now,I remember you saying about Stephen going shopping and looking awful,well that,s Slim at this moment,the only good thing to come out of it is Slim has not had to shave now for over a month and he has lost his Dennis Healey eye brows:-) Love Eve

Lorna
    Participant

Hi Gil
    From what I can gather on Facebook the news isn't good.

Lorna x x x

Min
    Participant

Our Lovely friend Bridget.
    I am saddened to read the news from her daughter, on Bridgets face book page. She gave me such wonderful support from the moment Peter was diagnosed and after he passed away. She will be very sadly missed

jmsmyth
    Participant

Devastated to hear the news of the passing of Bridget. Such a lovely lady who will be truly missed. Deepest sympathy to her family

Jean x

Perkymite
    Participant

That news makes me so sad. She was always a great support to everybody on here.

David

Helen
    Participant

I am so sorry to hear about Bridget, she was such a support to me in the dark hours
    Helen

DaiCro
    Participant

God bless and keep you close girl. You were my friend when I needed… you have walked beside so many of us, cheering us up when you were as down as any of us… I'm hurting so I'll leave it at that for now.

Dai.

Nettie
    Participant

Dearest Bridget, you were a comfort and an inspiration to us all even through all the pain you endured. My thoughts and prayers are with your family at such a sad time, you will be greatly missed by so many. Rest in peace my friend. Nettie x

Gill
    Participant

I am shocked and saddened to hear of Bridget's death. She was a friend to all of us, an avid poster and will be sadly missed.

We maybe saying goodbye to her but I am sure that we will always remember her. I know that she was an avid knitter of headgear and crotchet She made hats for many people on here for when their hair was not their crowning glory due to chemo.

I am sure there are now lots of angels with very pretty hats

Bless you Bridget for all your support and friendship

Gill. xxxx

Eva
    Participant

Bridget was warm and caring and selfless. We will miss her.
    Eva

SiobhanRochfort
    Participant

I've just seen this, after posting on the wrong topic (general)

Thank you all.

Siobhan xxx

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bridget’ is closed to new replies.