Christmas

This topic contains 14 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Nettie 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Friends – We are coming to a time where Christmas means different things to so many and I dare say that we in myelona land have our feelings too. When I look back on this board over the year we have had wonderful postings, sad postings and our thoughts go to people like Amanda and others who sadly lost their battles.

What I think has struck me is the courage and tenacity of all people who post here in how they deal with their illness and how carers cope with watching their loved-ones' ups and downs. It is hard but thank goodness we have this board and our on-line friends to help buck us up in times of need and also to share the elations when they come along our way. You are a great bunch and I just want to say well done and wish you all the kind of Christmas you would hope for you and your families.

With love, Gaye xx

Amelie
    Participant

Thank you Gaye, and all the best wishes to you too!

I don't know what I would have done without this board. Life has changed a lot since my friend John was diagnosed in March.

Luckily it goes him very well now. He got his sct back in August and now he is working half time expecting to work full time in February. Despite some eczema and some stiffness in the back due to the 2 collapsed vertebraes, he feels almost like normal. Hope this can give some hope to those of you who are going to have the sct or just had it.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
    Love,
    Amelie

Min
    Participant

HEAR HEAR GAYE
    AND A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
    MIN

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye thankyou for your lovely words but also thankyou for being exactly the kind caring friend you describe. Hope your christmas is a wonderful one love Bridget x

tinkerbell
    Participant

This has been a year of mixed emotions for me regarding treatment full of highs and lows but with help from others on this board you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and realise that you are not on your own. Christmas is a time of hope full of the anticipation of new life, joy and peace. I trust that everyone will be able to spend time with those who matter most to them and that we will all be there for each other for many years to come.
    Pamela x

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Dear Gaye

Well said, and thank you for being you, and there with your support over and over again.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year Onwards and Upwards springs to mind.

with so much love michelle x x x

SharonG
    Participant

The last 18 months since my diagnosis have definately been a roller coaster ride, one which I would preferably rather not be on! However, here we all are, so I would like to thank you all for your support, even if its just been that by reading your posts it makes me feel like I am not alone.
    So I wish you all a merry Christmas and all the best for 2011.

Love Sharon x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi everyone

I'd like to say how much i have appreciated all your postings and have already learnt a lot from you all. I do admire the courage you all show as you move on in your treatment regimes.
    May you all know something of the joy and peace of this Christmas season and be surrounded by those who love you.
    My special thoughts and prayers for Roz and Michael and David.
    Love
    Mavis x

Perkymite
    Participant

Well said Gaye. I heartily agree with every word you have written. It is so nice to talk to others who completely understand what you are going through. I find the site and ?my Friends? on it so helpful and supportive.
    A merry Christmas and a GREAT new year to you all.
    Kindest regards
    David
    🙂 😀 🙂 😀

DaiCro
    Participant

Gaye,

Nadolig Llawen
    A
    Blwyddyn
    Newydd Dda

Merry Xmas
    And
    A Happy New Year

or (literally)

Christmas Merry
    And
    Year
    New Good

Either way, any and all, have a lovely time and thank you for your lovely message.

Much love

Daixxx

tom
    Participant

Oh Gaye

Wonderful thoughts and word's if i may say so.

And the thing that struck me is the Strength and courage of those that go out of there way to help/advice and just be there for us and that My Good On line Friends is [u][b]YOU[/b][/u] yes [u][b]YOU[/b][/u].

Because without you all, my trip would have been harder to bear but your words of encouragement and reading your post through your treatment I know has spurred me and My Family on:-D

So my on line Friends I am pleased to say Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all xx

Heres hoping that a cure will soon be found-)

And until then Its a "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello Gaye, and yes I could'nt agree more with your sentiments.
    Christmas is a family time and it gives us all the chance to reflect.
    This Site does give alot of comfort to patients and carers alike and long may it continue to do so.

My only wish for 2011 is that a major breakthrough will be made in the fight against this awful disease.

So on that note I wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.

Keith.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Gaye

Thank you for your lovely words and for your support. Merry christmas to all and may the new year bring further advances in treatment for the terrible disease.

My thoughts and prayers are also with Michael, Roz and David.

God bless and A HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Love Jean xxx

zasrs
    Participant

Dear Gaye

have a wonderful christmas and healthy new year.

It is now nearly 9 years since gordon was diagnosed and i only found this site about 5 months ago, it really is such a help to know there are other people who understand what a horrid disease mm is

A happy christmas and new year to everyone who reads and contributes to this forum:-)

With love Sarah

Nettie
    Participant

Hi Gaye

I hope you have had a truly wonderful Christmas and I wish you a happy and hopefully healthy 2011.

Love Nettie x 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Christmas’ is closed to new replies.