cornwall

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  myra 12 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

kathleenphillips
    Participant

My husband and I would love to come to one of the Myeloma days, but being in deepest darkest Cornwall, they are all too far away. Is there anyone else on this site that lives down here? As beautiful as it is down here, we are a bit 'apart' from the rest of the uk, so it would be nice to find someone down here to comunicate with, and perhaps meet. It is my husband who has Myeloma, since 2009. He is 55, and had a sct last year. He doing well, at the moment. It would be lovely to hear from someone close!!

Perkymite
    Participant

HI Kathleen, I Think I am your nearest in Somerset! I think there is a Myeloma Group at Exeter Hosptial, although I have never been.

Whereabouts in Cornwall are you?

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

kathleenphillips
    Participant

Way down, in Falmouth. I'm sure there are people in Cornwall with myeloma, but as sufferers tend to be older, they may not be on line! We are about 60 miles from Plymouth.

Perkymite
    Participant

There is a support group in Plymouth. You will find it under Support Groups on this site. The contact emails is : Jane.Ransome@phnt.swest.nhs.uk.

I might be down in your area later in the year. I will try to pop in to see you if you like. My wife keeps my diary, because I am useless, and when she comes home I will check it out if you would like.

David

kathleenphillips
    Participant

That would be great! Let me know the details nearer the time, and we will arrange something!

Perkymite
    Participant

OK your on.

Perkymite
    Participant

We are down to Torquay for the weekend of 3/4th September. If you would like my wife and I to pop in send me your emails address via Private Message or post it here if you feel inclined.

David

myra
    Participant

Hi Kathleen greetings from southeast cornwall.I live near LIskeard still a long way from Falmouth but we could meet you in Liskeard and drive you up to the support group in Plymouth which might help.I had my sct in Jan 08 unfortunateley i have relapsed and i am on Revlimid but responding well.
    Kindest regards Myra Saxby

DaiCro
    Participant

Gosh, you are all coming out of the woodwork now. 🙂 Liskeard is a lovely area… mind you the whole of the southwest is for the most part idyllic. I lived in south Somerset for several years and loved every single minute of south Somersetshire life.

I lived in a small village called Norton-sub-Hambdon, on a lane in the lee of Ham Hill, which produces that wonderful honey coloured stone. Although Wales is home and Fishguard in particular is my private haven and heaven I would still place Norton as the best place I have ever lived. 😎

Talking of support groups, I should really make an effort. :-/

Dai.

myra
    Participant

Hi Dai i always enjoy your posts yes i agree the southwest is lovely .Our support group in plymouth which is this friday has not long started.It is well attented with a good mix of ages with a few more of us from the southeast cornwall.
    Best wishes with your treatment Myra

Clucky
    Participant

Hi, we're near Padstow. My husband was diagnosed with myeloma last November. He has dialysis 3 times a week.

We play at pubs with friends for fun, usually just an acoustic set-up. Over the next few weeks we're fund raising for Myeloma UK. This YouTube link shows the dates
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizVCQeDAno

Cheers
    Mal & Bruce. (We're wearing the orange tshirts).

DaiCro
    Participant

Hey Mai & Bruce, I missed this somewhere aong the way…

Great to hear you playing, sounds excellent… 🙂 😎 makes me want to cut and run to Cornwall… if only it were so easy.:-( .

Keep up the good work… and hopefully we might meet up somewhere soon.

Dai.

Clucky
    Participant

No, you didn't miss it, my fault – think I hit a wrong button 🙂 Doh! I was trying to let Kathleen know we're in Cornwall. We go out to play about twice a week. Music has always been a big part of Bruce's life.

Cheers
    Mal & Bruce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cornwall’ is closed to new replies.