Discussion forum categories…

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Elizellen 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Afternoon All,
    I've had a few requests for some additions / changes to the discussion forum categories. I'm starting this thread so you can all add your suggestions underneath.

Currently we have :

General
    Access to treatment
    Transplants
    Peripheral Neuropathy
    Under 50s

Let me know what you think of these topics.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

Debs
    Participant

If possible, I think it would be good to see the latest posts without having to go into each category. Otherwise someone might not look at the treatment section who is Under 50 and visa versa. It becomes a bit of a hassle having to go into each one to see if there are any relevant posts.

Do you know when you will transfer the old posts over? There is so much valuable info there on SCT's etc and it would be awful to lose those.

It looks like you automatically update the subject now on replies….that's a great change…thanks!

Thanks
    Debs

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Stuart, May I start by asking the you to pass on my thanks, the new site is a real improvement on the old – well done.
    I was going to ask if we could have a couple of non MM topics; such as Humour and Photographs I feel it would broaden the site appeal and give us somewhere to share things other than MM. I think the existing topics are good but will give it some more thought.
    Regards
    David

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Debs,
    The automatic subject update was a mistake I'm afraid…but will return on Monday! The developers accidentally released a new version into the wild.

I've managed to grab all the old forum posts into a document so we're half way there on that front. Just need to find a way to put them into the new forum. Hopefully we can automate this as I don't fancy copying and pasting 1290 conversations by hand!!

Cheers,
    Stuart.

Jdax
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

I think adding some would be useful, otherwise an awfult lot will end up on 'General' by default !.

How about one for 'Treatments' ?. It could cover the many questions and comments on ones like CDT and CVD and newer treatments. Maybe the one for 'Access to Treatment' (which is quite specific) could be part of it.

Also one for 'Side effects' which could include Peripheral Neuropathy ?.

PS. I think a good search facility for the Discussion Forum is crucial, in order to find existing info in amongst the huge mount of data already posted.

Jim

Mari
    Participant

Dear Stuart,

Most of the people who post on here are living with myeloma themselves but there are are also a few of us here who are husbands, wives, partners, sons and daughters. Maybe there could be a topic for them, i hesitate to use the term carer, i have used it in the past but I am no longer happy that it it is appropriate. What do others think?

Mari

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mari I know what you mean about the use of carer ,I have said it too , but its not right My husband is my partner and for most of us it is our partner ,husband or wife Partner to me means he is my partner in the myeloma process without whom I would not cope .It will be interesting to see hat others think but I do agree a seperate category is a great idea love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

And Yes Carer is not for me Just because I have MM I dont want need to Change my Young Brides Title lol cos she loves it 🙂

Am sure it would be a great help having a Partner thingie lol, what would we call the thread?? well the one for words is Dai so lets see what you can come up with Dai 🙂

Tom (Carer Free Lol)

Min
    Participant

Maybe a catch all title that is not mm related but which binds us all together wether we are accompanying a loved one through there journey with mm, suffering in silence alone without loved ones or just needing the support of others who understand where we are in life. Maybe it could be a just the ability to knock on the door of the new site and introduce yourself display photos of things you like, Tell a joke etc.
    Wont get many of them from me as I cant remember any ! But do love to read others.
    Min

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

I do agree but i am afraid like you i never remmber jokes the punch line:-( never!!
    i have many friends who phone and offer support but i somehow get a lot of suppourt on this site cause we all know what it is like to live with mm.
    I hope all the contributors on the original site make it over, we all need each other!!

best wishes

sarah

Gaye
    Participant

Yes I totally agree with Min's suggestion. We have quite a few wags on this website and it would be good to have a totally non myeloma section. We all have lives as well as myeloma, so I am all for it.
    Best wishes, Gaye8-)

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,
    We have a search functionality available but it's not working 100% so I've left it out for the moment. It should only search the discussion forums but currently it searches the entire website! I'm waiting on a fix from the developers, once I have it I will put a search box above each category and once above the entire forum. This will allow people to search within specific sections if they so desire.

Stuart.

Perkymite
    Participant

That sounds ideal Stuart.

Jdax
    Participant

Thanks for working on the Search function !.

Is it possible to have a more tailored search [u]criteria[/u] ?
    I'm thinking of the ability to search within Topics, Posts or Both ?.

Is it possible to have a clearer display of the results than the current one on the 'old' site which seems to show them in random date order and with many duplicates in the result… ?.

Jim

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

just joined the forum. one heading might be to have a heading titled 'newcomers' as im finding it hard where to start. Where questions could be asked such as how do i put a photograph on my profile.
    Also a heading could be 'symptoms', as i cant find any information on the internet relating to the pains i am suffering
    P.S. Just found out how to place a pic on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Discussion forum categories…’ is closed to new replies.