Hangers On

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Min 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

Like my chest infection. The best part of 6 weeks in total but I now seemed to have turned the corner. My GP has given me an inhaler to ease my breathing (because my airways are still inflamed) and he has recommended steam inhalation (with a spoonful of Vick to taste). Apparently my (our) recovery rates are always going to be slower than normal due to the MM… despite Neutrofils, Hb, White Cells and Platelets being good.

The inhaler is new to me (a call out doctor prescribed one a couple of years ago but I think I used it once or twice at best)… I tried it for the first time outside the surgery and I swear I could feel the benefit straight away. 🙂

The good thing is that my Pneumonia and Flu jabs should be up and running now but even so… I will be avoiding people with the lurgies and plagues like the… well, like the plague I suppose. 😀

One good week and I'll be happy. 😎

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dai

Glad to read you are on the mend. Hope it's not too long until you're back to your chirpy self.

Love Jean x

eve
    Participant

Hi Dai
    Inhalers are preventive,use them before you need them!!!!
    I did not reply to your post about the conference,sounds silly but I was angry with you for not looking after yourself FIRST,then I felt guilty because I was the one pushing you!!!! I should have realised you only a male and like most male species do not know when to stop .LOL:-P
    Your health is far more important than a boffins tea party,if they want to know how we feel about things they can read these postings.
    Its a good job,you have a good woman behind you.;-)Eve

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai I hope its not long before you are fighting fit again! Interesting about recovery times I wasnt aware of that but makes sense now I think about it . Eve brown inhalers are preventative and blue ones are as and when you need them love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Bridget
    I have purple and blue one,s
    Purple as soon as I get up and last thing of a night preventive
    Blue to use any time,but if you use it before a walk or before going up hill,or any time before you do any movement it works far better than,when your chest restricts or a coughing fit starts.
    If I forget I pay a price.So I am extra careful,that,s how I started motor homing the damp weather plays havoc with me,chest infections are a no no.
    Love Eve

Roz
    Participant

Hi, Sorry your not very goos Dai,
    🙁 All the best for a full recovery.:-D
    I take inhalers for my bronical asthma. A Purple one called Tilade to take 2 times a day and a blue one to take before lots of movement and shower,
    A bit silly I know cos I can't do alot of movement.>:-)

Get well soon
    Love Roz xx

eve
    Participant

Hello Roz
    The inhalers work,and you pay a price if you forget to use them!!,When i first started using them,many years ago, I fought it like h e l l big mistake realised it is very much a preventive medication.
    My daughter blames me for all her ailments!! even to the point of having big breast,to drip gravy down.LOL. The woe,s of being a mum. love Eve

Perkymite
    Participant

Sorry to hear you had a bad turn Dai, keep going Buddy.

kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

brocho
    Participant

Hi Eve apo;ogies I didnt know they had added different colours The brown ones were preventative in a different way in that you need a certain level in yoour system , often when people feel feel better they stop taking it and because there is not enough if they have an asthma type attack the inhalers dont work. I had to laugh about your daughters complaint , my girls are just the same its hairy moles in our family all my fault apparently Children who would have them !! love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Well Dia
    Are you doing as you should and listening to your body!!!:-P

Bridget what is it with kids,that its always mums fault,I could write a book about all the things I am responsible for,even to them marrying men over 6ft!!.It seems because I married a small man,they have hated not being taller so I am to blame, LOL.:-S
    Any way it,s consultants day to day,have not seen him for 14 weeks because as long as Slims doing well,there is nothing they could tell us before,waiting on BMB,.
    Will let you know how he gets on. Love Eve;-) 😎 😀 :-)The faces reflect my face fixed smile.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

Hope things go great for Slim today. Will cross everything.

Jean xx

Gill
    Participant

Pleased you are on the "up" Dai. Hope you are back to full power very soon.

Love from Gill xxx

Min
    Participant

So glad to hear your on the mend Dai, cant go into the winter with a chest infection, now look after yourself and get the wooly scarves out ready for the frost and cold so you ward off any future chills.
    Best wishes to you both
    Min

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hangers On’ is closed to new replies.