Heartbroken that he's gone

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  rosieb123 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

So sad that your husband has lost his fight with myeloma. Stay strong for your kids and remember all the good times. Sit down and talk to them, perhaps you need counselling, as he was taken without warning. Did you have time to say goodbye?

I try to stay positive but know that one day my husband will be taken too.

Sending you hugs and prayers.

Maureen x

Gill
    Participant

I am so sorry that your husband has gone. I would love to tell you that it gets better, but you do learn to deal with it. My children were much older than yours. They may be very angry with Dad and feel very guilty for feeling that way.

I am no expert or councillor but I wonder if it would help to let them know that is OK to be angry with Dad. He didn’t want to leave them and would understand their anger. I do hope that you all get through this awful time and manage to move forward a little

Love from Gill x

Harmony
    Participant

I’m so sorry for your loss and for the pain that you are all going through – especially your young children. I am a forty two year old mother of two children, aged 11 and 8, and I have myeloma. I would like to think that after my death, my children would get the opportunity to talk about me, take out photos and discuss memories. I would like my husband to do this so that they don’t feel that they have to repress their thoughts and feelings. I’d like them to have the space at home to cry when they need to and laugh when they need to. I don’t want them to be told to ‘be brave’ – I want them to have the freedom to express what they need to express Memories are precious – they keep us all alive. God bless you all. God love you all.x

rosie1961
    Participant

My heart goes out to those of you who have lost loved ones so young, especially with little children. I have come across Child Bereavement UK through my work  and know that they are sometimes able to offer support to families.

rosieb123
    Participant

Hi magic 30
    So very sorry that you have also lost your husband so young and so suddenly, what a terribly hard journey we have begun. Things just seem to get harder, but I guess that’s to be expected. My kids are finding things tough too my 8 year old bottles every thing up and my 18 and 19 year old are just running from it. The others talk about their dad and cry and try to look after each other and me. All so different all dealing with it their own way I guess. One thing we seem to have in common is the overwhelming lonlyness we feel at chris absence. I hope you find your way forward both for yourself and you little family. If you want to private message me to talk please do.
    Rosie b

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Heartbroken that he's gone’ is closed to new replies.