Heartbroken that he's gone

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  rosieb123 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

rosieb123
    Participant

Chris, my wonderful husbands battle with this cruel disease ended suddenly on the 28th October, we are still in shock, I am so very sad, my children are heartbroken. The little one (8) he struggles to talk about it, we thought we would have more time to prepare him when it was near the end, but it wasn’t to be. I can’t believe he’s gone. I loved him so much we all did.
    Rosie

sue013
    Participant

So sorry Rosie I also lost my wonderful husband to this terrible disease on the 15 September after a 5 year battle and I can’t believe he’s gone either, miss him so much x

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Rosie

So sorry to hear of Chris’s death. So tragic it came so quickly and leaving your son so young.

I will pray that you are given the strength to cope at this aweful time.

Much love.

Mavis x

bandityoga
    Participant

Rosie

My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope you find comfort in time and focus on the good memories.

Look after yourself and don’t be afraid to ask for help from your doctor to get you through it.

You will be in my prayers.

Maureen x

rosieb123
    Participant

Thanks guys for your support I’ve attached a photo of chris taken at the glens of Antrim in ireland. Blessings to all.

dickb
    Participant

Hi Rosie,

I don’t come on the site too often at the moment and it was my wife that told me about your post. I’m really sorry about your loss and that you have a young family. I am sure there will be help and support for you and I think we all tend to find a way of managing / coping even though it is painful. Anyway, our thoughts are with you, please let us know how you are coping.

Richard

Tina
    Participant

Hi Rosie,

I too don’t visit the site too often now since my dear husband passed away in May 2011.

So sorry to hear your news. I hope you get the support you need from family and friends.

Take Care

Tina XX

eve
    Participant

Hi Rosie
    So sorry to hear your sad news,it heart breaking if you are not expecting it to be so sudden,I had Time with Slim to prepare are selves for what was going to happen,you can never tell with Myeloma all it takes is an infection or pneumonia ,I nearly lost Slim at the very beginning with pneumonia,so we felt lucky to get another 3 years together.

You will get through this,and you have a large family to keep you going,which in it,s self must be a blessing,grief has no time limit,so I would encourage your youngest to talk about his daddy even if you both get upset. I talk about Slim to my grandchildren,it helps all of us ,as he would have been so pleased with so many good things happening within the family.

Wishing you well,Eve

san
    Participant

Hi Rosie, my love to you and your wonderful family, super to see your photo of Chris in better times, i really feel that our loved ones are not far from us, my nephew aged 7 took it hard when his Nan died at the beginning of this year, lots of hugs , tears, time and talking about heaven helped and we talk often and have her beautiful picture around she is very much in our hearts, take care Rosie xx

rosieb123
    Participant

Thanks Sandra the photo was taken last summer it’s just over an hours drive away from us. We use to go there when we where dating so it was lovely that chris was well enough that day to take a stroll and reminisce. We are talking about chris a lot to the wee one, but it isn’t helping that we have been out of our home since the week after chris passed away because of a burst sewage pipe. We don’t have chris things around us which I think makes every thing seem a little unreal at the moment, but we do have photos which is good.
    Eve you are so right, I honestly don’t know what I’d do without my children. They are a blessing to me and we walk this journey together. Six of the kids are still at home I’m so thankful to the wonderful friend who took all seven of us in when we had to get out of our house, so we could all be together, such a special lady. We are blessed to have some great friends, the mayor of our town has raised £400 for myeloma uk growing a mostash during November. and another friend is doing a skydive to raise money for it.
    This forum has been invaluable to me over the last 4 years. Although I didn’t post often I would be on nearly every day reading everyone’s posts and I learnt so much from you all so
    thankyou to everyone.
    I’m missing chris so very much but trying to take things one step at a time.
    Love to all. Rosie

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Rosie

I’m so sorry to read of the passing of your husband Chris. I know your children and family will be of great comfort to you and to help you at this terrible time. Such a lovely picture of your husband – the Glens of Antrim, know it well

God bless you and your lovely family

Jean x

Harmony
    Participant

Hi Rosie,

I’m so sorry for your loss. The picture is beautiful – he looks so well in it. Hope you and the children can keep strong and keep memories of special times alive. He lives on in your hearts and your memories. God bless you all.x

Gill
    Participant

Dear Rosie
    I am so sorry to read that Chris has gone. I don’t come on here very often now. My darling husband, best friend and soul mate died in September 2012 aged 57. There is not one day that I don’t miss him. I have passed the stage of disbelief, in the early days I would wake up and, half asleep, look to my right and try to work out where he was. All of this took a matter of seconds, but the wave of grief that came with the realisation that he was gone was awful and I just used to sob. Like Chris Stephen’s end came quicker than expected. We had been told that Stephen had 2 years left maybe more but he was dead in 4 weeks.

You may have read elsewhere what Stephen’s last words were. He was not one for swearing much but he looked at me and said “Gill is this it? and please don’t give me any bull****” I said “you’ve got to go now Darling” he took one long breath and died.

Your family are so young it, but do keep his memory alive and make sure you all talk about him. Yes it will bring many tears but also a comfort. I now can get cross with Stephen 🙂 He was a time served carpenter from the days when there were apprenticeships) but for many years he worked for himself as a building and maintenance contractor employing a few others.

Our double garage has never had a car in it !!!! Just thousands of pounds worth of plant and tools. I can tell you where the concrete mixer is and the 2 generators, but a small screwdriver or light weight hammer? You cannot see the wood for the trees. I stand there and shout “where the hell did you put that”
    Rosie I would love to tell you that one day it will all be fine, it won’t be. But it will turn into something far more liveable than it is now. and you will smile again one day at all the funny and silly things that happened during your life together.

I do not pray but I assure you that you are in my thoughts

Much Love from Gill xxx

PS found plenty of screwdrivers but not a light weight hammer. When I do need to use a hammer the one I found is so heavy I need 2 hands to lift the darn thing!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by  Gill.

majic30
    Participant

I too lost my best friend my husband in nov 2014.  He was 46 no age. Diagnosed in jan 2014 and all set for his sct, and out of knowhere and with no prior warnings he was taken …….. My life has been completly shattered i feel numb and helpless. We have 3 children aged 9,15 and 18 … My son is in a bad place very angry and the youngest girl cant mention his name.i dont know how to help them and i know my son wont open up to a stranger .myeloma robbed my children of a kind, fun loving daddy that will never see them grow up….. Its so sad to see xxxxxx

Carolsymons
    Participant

It is just so sad to read these posts. Give your children time and help them to remember the good times they had with their dad. Such a cruel, unforgiving disease.
    Carol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Heartbroken that he's gone’ is closed to new replies.