Holiday Insurance

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

hello everyone
    trying again as the first message re this subject disappeared into the ether of computor messages never to be seen again
    so herei go
    am looking for medical insurance covering this Blar,Blar,Blar illness
    previously i have used All Clear Insurances costing me £600 for a weeks cover
    If i have to pay this then i will although i would rather not if i can help it
    anybody any idea's?
    norman

Min
    Participant

Hi Norman
    Try this one… http://www.insurancewith.com
    . I used it in April and got a quote down to £130 for both of us to Cyprus from nearly two thousand with other companies. Peter was on Revlamid at the time. They call it a Maintenance therapy drug for insurance purposes!
    The woman who established the company had breast cancer and wanted a holiday and could not afford the insurance to travel. I found them via a Sky News item.
    They know all the questions to ask about your condition and it was very reasonable.
    Min

AMcGuire
    Participant

Hi Norman

3 years ago we used Age Concern to get John insurance to fly to Florida for 2 weeks holiday. Other companies wanted around £2000 and some wouldn't insure him at all. Age Concern however wanted a fraction of that at around £120 so they'd be worth a shot too.

Good luck, its frustrating but worth shopping around.

Angelina xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Norman

Over the past few years we have used many insurance co but the last 4 trips we have used Columbus. They have cut our policies by half. The even insured a young friend of ours for america and she has just finished some pioneering treatment for heart complaint. Might as well ring around to see what you get. Number is 0800 953 3660. Email admin@columbusdirect.com. Good luck it is pain in neck but there are deals out there.

Love Jean

Perkymite
    Participant

The important thing about holiday insurance is to ENSURE that your illness, and your medical history for that matter, is INCLUDED and not EXCLUDED. I have just met a friend of mine who gaily told me his insurance company had told him there was no extra charge for Bowel Cancer, I said that is not possible and when we checked they had excluded anything to do with his bowels!

We used Citybond. You can only use this company through a Broker, fortunately my wife works at an Insurance Broker. For a 10 day cruise down the Rhine & Moselle (coach there and back ? ugh I hate coaches), starting 12 July, it cost £233 for both my wife and myself. This includes everything, such as my wife?s Asthma and dodgy knees. Do not forget your Wife/Partner(Carer) needs the SAME insurance as yourself – she will need to be flown back as well if needs be.

The other thing I did was to go to my Doctor and ask him to print out a list of past illnesses [u]I should declare[/u]. Several things were on the list I had forgotten about. I now know the medical history I have given the insurance company matches my Doctors records and as such I will not run into the old ?Are but you did not tell us about the slipped disc in 1966!!!?.

Kindest regards ? Vasbyte

David

DaiCro
    Participant

Wow David, that sounds both complicated and expensive. :-S

I made a conscious decision to spend my holidays either with or near to friends and family… partly because of some of the stories I heard about extensive bone damage and air flight… but, as I said, the main factor was a widely scattered group of friends and family that I would like to see. 😎

Good luck to all with their insurance venturing. 🙂

Dai.

BADGER
    Participant

Hello norman

I use MIA can be found on the internet phone no 01268 783383 they covered my husband and myself
    for Gran canary for £120.00 that was for both of us I have mm and chronic renal failure and we are both type 2 diabetics covered us for everything as long as we had docs permission to travel
    Regards Jo

Donald
    Participant

Try Freedom insurance http://www.freedominsure.co.uk 01223 454 290.it is a minefield trying to get a decent quote and please let us know how you get on .

Perkymite
    Participant

You are right Dai, it is expensive £233 for ten days but I have always been a bit of belt and braces man! The last thing I want to leave my family is an expensive medical bill if I run into problems, although I have always joked with my children that I would leave them an "equal share of the debt in my will" I do not actually want to do it:-D

I have just finished my "living and the Dead Tour of England and Scotland" 1200 miles up to Edinburgh and back visiting old friends, many we had not seen for years and it was really great. The "dead" we visited was my Great Great-grandfather (Ashover – Derby), Great-grandfather (Hawick – borders Scotland), Grandfather (Edinburgh) and Father (Wandswoth – London). I took bulbs from my garden and planted them on each grave and left a small plaque commemorating them. Like a North American Indian I have paid homage to my ancestors. Great trip:-)

KIndest regards – Vasbyte

David

DaiCro
    Participant

David,

"Living and the Dead Tour of England and Scotland – 2011"

What a wonderful and thoughtful idea made even more wonderful because you actually planned and executed it. 😀 😎

The Welsh side of my family is quite easy to find as generally they live in the same hole… or next door.:-D The London Irish (Mother's Father's side) and the Romany Gypsies (Mother's Mother's side) would be a tad more difficult… the Romany side came over from… somewhere, in 1900… our first records show them in a Gypsy camp in Latimer/Ladbroke Grove, London (I believe the camp still exists) where they took the name of the camp leader (a normal tradition apparently) and so the Buckland side of our family were born. I am amazed that as near as 1900 one side of my family were travelling along the mediterranean coastline with a plan to reach England and settle. :-0

My sister keeps onto me about visiting her in Bideford (where she runs a pub/restaurant)… we will have to meet for lunch if I am cruising by. 🙂

Dai.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Holiday Insurance’ is closed to new replies.