HOT AND SPOTTY

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kaychappers 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi everyone
    Well I started CDT 12 days ago and everything went swimmingly. Went back to work on Tuesday and came out in a rash that made me look like I had german measles (partner was not impressed:-D) The hospital told me it was the tablet Allopurinol which stops me getting gout, so to stop taking it. Then Tuesday night horrific back pain and headache and temperature. Was told to go to hospital Wednesday and was put on antibiotics IV and fluids, I had an infection. Home today and feel fantastic again. The hospital and staff really know what they are doing and i feel totally reassured. Well on a positive note at least I know what to look for if I get another infection. I think someone was telling me not to get to cocky with this and to look after myself. Its me first and work second for a while and its not forever as I see from all your experiences. Thanks for being there. Love Kay x PS rash has gone and partner happy 😀 x

onlyme
    Participant

Hi,
    Thats good news that you back on track too and feeling good again after little dip!!
    You make sure you look after yourself and get lots of rest.. I am sure the time will come for you to be wonder woman again!!!!.. We all like to think we can keep going and are ok when deep down our bodies know differently!!

Take care and keep in touch!

Only Me x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Kay glad its all sorted now but what really impressed me is the speed you were in and out of hospital!! No wonder you have such faith in them Heres hoping there are no more dramatic happenings As for work it will still be there you are far more important love Bridget x

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Kay, I am pleased everything is back to normal that is as normal as it can be of course. Are you back on the Allopurinol?

I am taking a drug called co-Trimoxazole; I take 2 twice a day on Saturday and Sunday. They are an anti-biotic. I was warned they might have some serious side effects but so far alls I have had is a series of small spots over my upper body that can sometimes itch like mad. Why do you always get one spot right in the middle of your back where you cannot reach it!

Kindest regards
    David

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi David They took me off Allopurinol. Although the rash has gone down considerably it is still there if I get hot, but I suppose it takes a while to get out the system. I am also on the same anti biotic and take one a day Monday, Wednesday, Friday. It will be interesting if the rash does not go down I will mention it at the hospital. I am back there Tuesday for next lot of drugs.

Love Kay x

ChrisSmith
    Participant

Hello Kay,

Hot and Spotty has a familiar ring to it and I am pleased that your rash it isn't anything too awful.

My husband has Myeloma and is on his 4th round of CDT. He had no side-affects until about 10 days ago when he came out in this terrific rash on his legs and had a high temperature. The rash quickly covered the whole of his body – he was a right mess. I ended up having to take him to two hospitals and at each there were mutterings of possible meningitis, which really gave me a bit of a fright, and at the first one they were unable to offer the level of help needed and only one doctor in attendance hence the drive to the second one.

He was admitted to hospital and following an overnight stay his condition didn't worsen and he was sent home, but still has the rash. Although we had no definite diagnosis of what the condition is, the doctors now seem pretty relaxed about the whole thing.

tom
    Participant

Hi Chris

I also had a rash on my body during CTD, it soon went 😀

Do you go to the AE at hospital with Hubby?? me I have been told if I have anyproblem to phone our Onc ward and speak to the Consultant or the Staff Nurse, they have more knowledge about the MM

Good Luck

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

kaychappers
    Participant

Hi Chris
    Sorry to hear about your husband's rash. Did you get a diagnosis in the end? I would definitely keep in contact with the oncology department and nurse/consultant as Tom says. I only have to pick up the phone and they ask me to come down. They are the experts in their field. I hope that your husband has improved.
    Kay x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HOT AND SPOTTY’ is closed to new replies.