Michelin Woman !!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone I have discovered a side-effect of velcade whih is not mentioned in the literature—–I have turned into a replica of the michelin tyre woman Aaaaaargh!!! I am now officially the size of a house and I havent been gorging on chocolate either just the occasional ice cream -honestly If it carries on I will have to live in my pyjamas as I am running out of sacks ( dresses) to wear perhaps I will get into the record books Goodnight I am just going to waddle off to bed now love Bridgetx

MikeTall
    Participant

Are you on Dex too?….cause that made me Michelin man

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mike yes I think dex is the culprit but I think having velcade as well has made it worse Bridget

Roberta
    Participant

Hi Bridget, my first proper post on this new site goes to you. I too turned into michelin woman when I was on Dex and I was on velcade too. Two months after stem cell transplant I am back to orignal weight and all the puffiness has gone. I'm almost sure dex is the main cause. I did overeat though, dex made me so hungry as well as being awake most of the time.

Love Roberta XX

Perkymite
    Participant

Is that a photo of your Son you have posted 😉 . Hard to imagine you as a michelin man! I was on Dex but whilst I got hungry I did not seem to put on too much weight about a stone. They took me off it a month ago, pre SCT, and I have not lost any weight at all.

Kindest regards
    David

meeuu
    Participant

Dont let it worry you Bridget, because I'm pretty sure that when you finish with the Dex, you will return to your former glory. (dont get rid of the bikini just yet!). Cecilia, as with David, also piled on the weight, but now that she is off the Dex for the past 2 weeks,she is already slimming down. Mind you, her appetite has increased, but this is a good thing because for many months she was not eating properly at all.
    Be happy.
    Kindest regards,
    John

KWilson
    Participant

Not really a proper reply to your post but it made me smile because my daughter (who is well and just overweight because of her diet) was telling her colleagues that her partner had said one night before they went out – "What have you put that outfit on for, you look like the Michelin man in black?". The reassuring reply from one of her (male) colleagues was "Well, that wasn't a nice thing to say – the Michelin man never wears black!" – [i]and he said it with a straight face[/i]!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Kathleen you have given me a good laugh this morning I can just imagine the look on your daughters face !! Talk about putting his foot in it !! love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Ha ha he he Bloomin Michelin Woman ha h

Well Bridget I am on nothing except 4 weekly Zometa infusions, and I still keep putting weight on ha ha, but me folks am blaming the Vodka and Crisps ha ha.

Worry not bout our weight it gives us extra for when we need it 🙂

Love to you all xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Michelin Woman !!!’ is closed to new replies.