More good news!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  clarabell 12 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jet
    Participant

I know some of you read my blog and many of you have wished me well along my journey, which I most appreciate. So I thought I would share my good news with you…

I saw Prof Russell yesterday and he confirmed from my most recent light chain assay and 24hr urine results that [b]the myeloma is in remission![/b]

I don't come on here often as I find it hard/depressing to read the stories about problems, decline, relapse, death, etc. I need to keep positive. I'm sorry if that's not very supportive, but right now, I need to take care of my mental health as much as if not more than the physical side. So that's why I'm posting this now, to inspire and uplift, especially for those of you facing a stem cell transplant. It was really horrid to go through, but this is my good result! And I wish the same for you.

Best wishes to all.
    Jet x

DaiCro
    Participant

Good news is good news and I am delighted for you Jet. I hope that your remission is both long and trouble free.

I appreciate that it is difficult to both remain positive and to gain an equillibrium of physical and mental health when faced with experiences that do not reflect your personal status.

The stories about problems, decline, relapse, death, etc. are by-products of this disease and personally I have to say that the courage, humanity and honesty demonstrated by these posters inspire and uplift my spirits on a daily basis… although I wish that the problems associated with their stories were not so.

Surround yourself with positivity… I wish you naught but well.

Dai.

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello jet, it is very good news! It sounds like prof: Russell was giving one or two patients the news they are in remission,
    Like my better half kev,also as we were sitting outside the unit yesterday we were too early for his zometa appt: I saw you turn up for your appt: ( recognising you from the photo on this forum) You looked really well! And being positive is paramount and it's helped not only kev but me as his carer. Take care jet and continued remission!!:-)

Love liz & kev xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Jet great to hear you have had the magic word remission too , thankyou for sharing with us its always good to hear news like that Now you can put myeloma on a back burner hopefully for a very long time ,and go and enjoy life love Bridget

tom
    Participant

Hey Jet

You know am pleased you are in remission and am pleased you posted your great news 🙂 Long Long may it last

Love and Hugs

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Jet

Good for you – fantastic news!!!
    Now all you have to do is get a little stronger day by day and not be too hard on yourself if you are a bit wobbly for a while.
    So pleased for you.
    Love Carol
    xxx

gina45
    Participant

Excellent news Jet!! keep on being positive good for you.
    Take care
    Gina xx

lorrainey
    Participant

Hi Jet,

Absolutely fantastic news! So pleased for you and as everyone else has said it's great to hear good news, it gives us all a lift 😀

Wishing you a very long, happy, trouble free remission!

Take care of yourself

love n hugs Lorraine xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jet

So happy to hear your great news. I wish you a long and happy remission.
    Well done
    Take care
    Love Jean x

Gill
    Participant

Dear Jet

Like every one else I am pleased that you have good news and hope your remission lasts a long time.

Like Dai I too have gained enormous support from others on here and, hopefully, will continue to do so.

I agree that mm is a hard and sometimes very depressing illness and some of us do need an outstretchced hand to help us.

It is great to hear of good news. Thank you for your inspirational and uplifting post

All the best Gill

Perkymite
    Participant

Great news Jet, you do whatever keeps you strong.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

Elizellen
    Participant

How wonderful to hear you are in remission now, Jet!

I have been following your blog and am so glad that after all you went through that you are now out the other side and can enjoy your good news!!

Love
    Elizabeth
    XX
    X

clarabell
    Participant

Hi Jet!

So glad to hear your great news, Clara x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘More good news!’ is closed to new replies.