My Mums SCT

This topic contains 73 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Ali
    Participant

Hi Etta,

Good luck with your "line in " tomorrow. Mum will have been in hospital for 2 weeks as of tomorrow and we both said tonight that the time has flown by. Im sorry if at times I have sounded negative but as a bystander watching the person you love go through so much its very upsetting. Mum has just got on with it – theres no other way really.

I wish you all the very best for your next hurdle.

Love Alison x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Chaps

Helen.Yep my Mum is the same age as you and has had the same treatment as you, thats why I always hope for a reply from you, and im sure we will be discussing things for many years to come!

Mums platelets are still low at 9, shes to have her 3rd lot again tonight. Neutrophils 0.3. Shes abit shaky tonight and short of breath as she moves, thers no suprise though, must be as weak as a kitten.

Tom, Im not sure that hugs are allowed lol but I will sneak her one in:-) . Spoke to the nurse today and he was chatting about the fact that it was them who had made my Mum ill with the chemotherapy and its them that will make her better, he was so matter of fact and it was very reassuring.

New provisional discharge day is Thursday but may be sooner if things progress quicker. I will no doubt keep you informed lol.

Love Ali x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Dai

I can always rely on sound advice from you guys. Thanks ever so…

Its kind of easy for me to have time away from the MM. I have young family so they keep me entertained as you can imagine 🙂 kids have a wonderful knack of taking your mind off of things for a while.

I worry slightly though as my Dad still works, and he works nights and hes usually a couple of hours away from home. Hes got the next couple of weeks off, carers leave and some annual leave. But when he returns to work I will be a tenterhooks as Mum will be on her own and as you know things usually tend to "happen" at night or at the weekend. I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it though.

How are you feeling? I hope the new meds have got your tummy sorted now 🙂

Love Alison x

Gill
    Participant

I know my spelling will not be good but sore mouth = corsodyl tooth paste and mouthwash

2 Stem cell transplants and Stephen got one very small mouth ulcer. Helped by Rinstead pastilles.

The old remedies are sometimest the best.

Good luck and good health to all Gill xx

Helen
    Participant

Hi Ali
    It's nice to know contemporaries are out there, thank you 🙂 Do you have a homecoming imminent? Are the platelets up?
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Ali,

Your mums doing a stormer, well done. The time seems to have flown by, but not for you guys. I know what you mean about worrying about things 'happening' at night or out of hours. They always seem to lol! Never mind.

I hope your mum is still on the up and it's amazing that she might be out thursday. Go on her, she's a real star. It must be hard for you guys but doing all the right things….including the cleaning!

We had a false start with colins SCT, I doubt they are going to fund the booster injections so we are plan c, visit to the hospital next Monday! We were all up and ready but now have to start again. That said it's good to hear the good news stories like your mums. I'm sure the grand children will help to perk her up and get her better in no time.

Go team ali's mum 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi

Vicki and Colin, I know you had a false start with collection, but im sure it will be 2nd time lucky for you. Please keep us informed about the hospital appointment on Monday.

Well, I cant quite believe it but Mum (all being well) will be out of hospital tomorrow (wed). That will be 14 days since she had the melphalan. She is certainly alot brighter – seems the spark is back in her eyes. Neutrophils 0.9, The Prof says hes confident they will be much higher tomorrow. Yippee is all I can say for the moment!

Night all x

Etta
    Participant

Hi Ali thanks for the post you don't sound negative at all I watched my mum go through cancer 12 years ago and I understand your views. I am 55 and my girls both live in oz so I'm glad they didn't see how bad I was at Christmas but feel better reading all your posts. Line went in ok so start my SCT next week can't wait lol.you keep strong and make time for yourself love to your mum.
    Etta x

Elizellen
    Participant

That is great news, Ali!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that those neutrophils continue to rise and your Mum gets her discharge papers as planned today.

[img]http://images.zaazu.com/img/Fingers-crossed-fingers-crossed-goodluck-luckiness-smiley-emoticon-000674-facebook.gif[/img]

Love
    Eliz
    X
    X

tom
    Participant

Hi Ali

Am sure your Mum loved that sneaked in Hug 😉

😀 Your Mum is realy doing great 😀 I bet your fealing better after the chat with the Nurse, those devils do make us poorly but they sure know how to make us better and be "Onwards and Upwards"

Another sneaky Hug for your Mum

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Ali

Just wondering if d day happened and your mums home? Hope so as that's when the real recovery begins. Fingers crossed and all the best

Vicki and Colin x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Mum was not allowed to go home yesterday as she still had quite bad tummy troubles:-(

The good news is she is home today:-D I think the extra night in hospital was worth it though. Although she is very tired, she looks much better and brighter. She has eaten a fair bit more than she has in the hospital. Shes been able to have what she fancies when she wants it.

Dad went to pick her up and took the ward staff some lovely cupcakes as she says they have made her stay in hospital much more bearable. When I went round to see her this afternoon we just cried tears of relief and happiness that this hurdle has been jumped. Rest and recovery now. She goes back on Monday for a check up.

Again, I want to thank you all for your support and advice 🙂 I wish I could put up a dancing tigger like Eliz!

Tom, shes had plenty of sneaky hugs and many more to come!

Vicki and Colin, Mum has not suffered with a sore mouth. I said id look and see which mouthwash she has been using. Its Difflam oral rinse and she has Nystan to help prevent thrush.

Love Alison xx

Helen
    Participant

Hurrah

tom
    Participant

Thats great news Alison, give her plenty of Hugs from us all as we know what your Mum has and is going through, but honest it is well worth it Alison.

Is you Mum still taking the anti sickness pills? I was taking them for a few months after My SCT it was worth it.

Love and Loads of Hugs to you all

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxx

Vicki
    Participant

Ali and mum,

So, so,so pleased for you all. I know it's take it easy and a bit at a time, but let's hope this is, to quote Tom, onwards and upwards. It's good to hear that your mum is eating s bit and sore mouth held at bay. It was so kind of you to think of us Ali, with the mouth wash, despite all that has gone on in the last few weeks (thanks so much).

I'm sure your mum will come on leaps and bounds being at home, with normalness (is that a word?),around her. Keep us posted if you have time……by the way your dad sounds a star too, and will be a big hit with the nurses, taking cakes in 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘My Mums SCT’ is closed to new replies.