My Mums SCT

This topic contains 73 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Ali 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)
  • Author

Helen
    Participant

Hi Ali
    Hope all is progressing well? Bet your mums spark out on the sofa for large parts of the day still? Are you coping ok?
    Love Helen

Ali
    Participant

Hi Helen

Apart from the trip back to hospital on Friday night – Mums got another thrombosis. She had to stop her clexane injections as her platelets were low, and it suddenly appeared on her leg. She phoned the bleep doctor who told her to go to the receiving unit. All sorted, she has to take a lower dosage as shes lost a little bit of weight. It does make me laugh though, shes just come from the sterile environment of the transplant ward, back home, warned about being in places with lots of people etc and then shoved in a general ward!. Anyway she talked herself out of there!.

Yep, shes very tired. Just has to go to bed in the afternoon. Today shes done a few little jobs eg emptying the dishwasher and making some lunch for her and Dad. Its nice thet she is. She says she would feel an awful lot better if she didnt have the acid like feeling in her stomach, its making her vomit – is that a side effect you encountered Helen? If so could you suggest a remedy? She goes back to clinic tomorrow, so im hoping all is well.

Im fine! Thanks for asking. Feel alot better now shes home. We have even booked a few days away next week. Ive been feeling a bit guilty as its the school hols and have not really done anything with the kids. We are not going too far from home and am hoping Mum and Dad will feel up to a little ride out to see us(we have a touring caravan so its a home from home).

Did you celebrate your anniversary Helen? I hope you did, you desereve it!

Thanks for checking in on me:-)

Love Ali x

Ali
    Participant

Hi Etta

Good luck for your SCT tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. My Mum is home now, spent 16 days in hospital. Despite being tired, which is inevitable shes doing well.

Love Alison xx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Ali,

Just catching up to see how your all doing. Sorry to hear about your mums thrombosis but hey….she's home, and even been doing a little bit of lunch. Wow.it's at least in her own familiar environment. Bet your dads pleased too.

It's easy to forget those who was watching this, and you having a young family to bring up as well. Still mum will be better soon and hopefully have a few hours spare to spend time with the grandchildren to give you a break. I know we all support our family to the hilt, but there is an odd time needed for ourselves. (that said I don't practise what I preach).

Slow but sure improvement is the name of the game I guess,

Vicki and Colin…..we are at hospital tomorrow to find out what plan b, or is it c, is!

Ali
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Thanks for checking in!

I was thinking about Colins appointment tomorrow. Plan B will be a good one im sure! I have said all along we are very fortunate that there is a plan b,c,d etc.

If they can give Mum something for the acid burning in her stomach tomorrow at her appointment in clinic she will feel much better. Shes really trying to eat, but says she doesnt really fancy anything. My hubby saw her tonight for the 1st time since going into hospital and he says he was suprised at how well she looks.

Please keep me informed re tomorrow…..

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Ali
    No real celebrations, big bunch of flowers and family lunch today, very nice:-)
    I had terrible trouble with my gut from end to end after transplant, only settled really slowly, still not 100% but close now. I was on metoclopramide, gaviscon and lansoprazole for about 2 months afterwards and only ate bland stuff for weeks. In the old days in hospital it was called a gastric or 'white' diet. ( chicken, rice, yoghurt, fish, toast, porridge etc.) I kept on that with a few vegetables until Christmas then started eating a bit more varied stuff. The first few months I only ate because i had to, not because I wanted it. I did cook but often couldn't bear to eat it. I now get hungry again and am enjoying food. Don't push too hard because it's easy to become food averse. I felt much better when I stopped the lansoprazole, so it worked well for a while and then seemed to not work, I suppose the gut begins to repair and then you begin to not need the meds and begin to get better it's a bit of a juggling act, I have had a couple of gut upsets when I went back on it and again it helped for a few days then started to make me feel more nauseous again. Trial and error and that individuality thing again! Ice cream, Eton mess, wine and chocolate were my test dishes and when I was able to eat them again I knew I was on the mend. Still can't do the wine yet though:-( You'll have to have it instead! Get yourself away for a week or 2 now and blow away the cobwebs. Your mum will want you to relax a bit now and anyway she'll only be sleeping 🙂
    Love Helen

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Ali,

Not been on the forum for a while but I have been looking in now and again and I am so pleased your mums home,
    Hope she gets her acidy stomach sorted and then you can enjoy the break next week!

Love to you all liz & kev xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

I have never been so happy than to see my Mum lounging on the sofa! What a couple of weeks! I swear I have a few more grey hairs 🙂 Thanks for thinking of us xx

Helen,

Just a quickie tonight, just got back from Emergency 24 with my youngest son, but thats another story!. Mums been given Lansoprazole, so I hope that does the trick. I got my Dad to read Mum your post so she knows its not just her.

Thanks again for your great tips and advice:-)

Love Alison xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Alison

It all falls into place when treatment is going on and you are correct it is great to see Mum resting 😀

Hope your youngest is Ok?

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Tom

My youngest? Nothing that a good tickle from the doctor didnt sort lol. I wish that worked for everyone – kids eh 😀

Have you heard owt from Deal or no deal yet? Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Love Ali xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Ali
    I know the tickle sorts it all out as we have 5 grandkids and the tickle is a must Lol.

Not heard from Deal yet but as they say no news is good news? 😎

Love Tom xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Ali,

Just seen on vicki & Colin's post it's your birthday Friday 24th so I thought I'd be the first to say a very happy birthday!
    Hope you and your family have a good day especially with mum home and doing well!

ENJOY your day love liz & kev xx:-)

Elizellen
    Participant

So glad to hear she is home at last!

[img]http://www.avatar.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/images/blog/home-sweet-home.jpg[/img]

Love
    Eliz
    XX
    X

Ali
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your well wishes!

Liz and Kev
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! I will have a great day im sure 🙂

Love Ali x

Helen
    Participant

Happy Birthday Ali, I'm guessing you will have to take the cake round to your mums today to celebrate with the family, make the most of it, it's time to start the rest of life with happy things. Have a lovely day.
    Love Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘My Mums SCT’ is closed to new replies.