New Kitchen

This topic contains 34 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Everybody not been on much this last three four weeks 🙁 but am doing great still 🙂 we are in the processes of having (elaines) new Kitchen fitted 😀 nearly all done now so when all the posh bits are done we can sit back and relax again, as most of you will know when the kitchen is ripped out you have no where to run ha ha.

We have had cupboards/worktops sinks and taps scattered from one end of our house to the other :-0 BUT we can now see the light at the end of that Bloomin Tunnel :-D.

Hope all is well and am gonna trawl through the threads as the hours and days flow by.

One "Onwards and Upwards" Tom xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Tom
    Have we missed you yes,yes yes,we thought you got lost in your jungle of cucumbers.We are in need of some cheer on this Forum,as ever one has been having hiccups,and the people who are doing well are reluctant to post ,

Kitchens do keep you busy though,mine is still not quite finished little things like light and blinds,but we will get there in the end.
    So nice to hear from you Eve

Min
    Participant

Snap
    We are having one done too. and as I write I have the man (fitter) who I thought I had seen the last of back. For a gas leak
    When He had finished the job, the very last thing he did was to fit the lights under the wall cupboards and a switch.
    Peter is always on the loo with diarrhoea and as I dont use that bathroom I thought the smell was him (oops)it was chemo !!!! How stupid is that.
    Upshot was late at night got worse and h ad to call out an emergency man who promptly switched off all my gas and left.
    The fitter had to come back at 10 at night and take all the wall cupboards off rip off plaster board and cap the leak where a screw had gone thu the pipe.
    Peter and I have been is shock overnight as a result and right now although I have a beautuful kitchen I wish I had left well alone.
    As for yours have your got all the stuff back in your cupboards out of boxes yet?
    I had just filled the wall cupboards and have had to empty them and now I have lost interest. Being up all night worrying.
    We were trying to do as much as possible to make life easy and so wish I had left it alone.
    I thought Peter was going to be in hospital while this was happening and he was let out again after 3days so its been a nightmare trying to keep everywhere clean on a daily basis. Never again will I undertake work of any kind indoors we will just have to put up with what ever we have from here on in.
    STill got the floor covering to get done and the painter to come too but my cardboard boxes have become my new floor covering for now.
    Sorry for the rant but it may give you a lift to know yours is going well without my kind of hitches.
    Love MIn

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom you have been missed but I am so impressed you are doing your kitchen . Elaine must be pleased to see the light at the end of the tunnel too ! It drove me nuts trying to find anything whilst my kitchen was being done but I love it now Onwards upwrds and sideways if necessary ! love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Eve

Aww thanks for missing me (tom blushes) All cucumbers have gone just red wine and Vodka now 😀 Yes I see we need some cheer as the posts I have read today are very sad:-(

My Kitchen is nearly all done just the posh bits and three doors to put on8-) xxxx

Hi Min
    As now our new Kitchen has gone smooth:-D I have the best Plumber that re routed our sink (yes elaine wanted it moved)
    And our Joiner is our next door neighbour and he is a top notch fitter 😀

All done by three doors to put on, then the posh bits kick board and up-stands.
    It looks like Kitchens fitting is like MM? not one lot is same ha ha, you seem to have gone through all that could go wrong went wrong:-S
    and as for the Gas leak well Elaine was going to phone the gas man but found out it was Me ha ha, and I aint avin treatment haha.
    Boxes all empty and wine rack FULL 😀

And Bridget
    Thanks for the missing me (another blush) and I aint fitting the Kitchen, young Craig next door is putting it in, all I am doing is putting the drawers together and offering support and Cider at the end of his shift ha ha. I said to Elaine that if we dont fall out by the time its done we will have it cracked, she said "just count to ten Tom" I said "I have done that four times already and not sure if its working" but nearly all done and no fall out :-)so the lights is on bright at the other end 🙂

Many Thanks Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Gill
    Participant

KITCHENS? KITCHENS? Don't get me started. Isn't there an old saying that the cobler's childrens' feet went bare? How about the most respected building contactor in the area never finishes a job at home?

Yup when Stephen was working and employing a small team. A great deal of their work was to gut out and fit new kitchens This was done within a day or so mainly for local HAs (Housing Asociations)I still have letters (which I am very proud of Stephen over) from HA tenants (especialy elderly residents) thanking him for fitting their kitchens, leaving no mess and having such lovely "boys" working in their homes.

At home? It took years to finish my kitchen. We lived for months with the floor dug up and all the pipes exposed so that the Central Heating could go in and I got quite used to hopping over boards to get from sink to fridge to the bit of spare work top that was balanced on the 2 (2 only) kitchen cupboards.

OK as Min says Rant Over. It got done in the end and he made a darn good job of it. It frustrates him no end that he can no longer do that sort of thing because of all the bone damage this b**tard mm has caused, but he is still capable of pottering and doing a few bits here and here.

Hope your kitchen turns out to be just what you and your young bride want Tom

love from Gill

DaiCro
    Participant

Kitchens? No… but we had a new boiler the other week and the disruption was irritating (it took 12 hours over one go because the plumbers, very good plumbers, didn't want the disruption to continue into a second day.) That's what I call service.

Its good to see you back on the site and doing your rounds Tom… our very own Doctor Positivity.8-)

Mind you, Tom's a facebook friend and he is very active and enjoying life to the full I can tell you…:-0

Sorry…but no tales out of school from me.;-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Gill

Well you have made me Laugh out Loud, it will make Elaine (my young bride) feel better that she didn't have to climb over pits in the Kitchen ha ha.
    At this moment Elaine is hanging wallpaper and the kitchen aint done he he.

Think we all know how Stephen feels with this B%%tard MM as I fitted our kitchen in the last house and that has only just been changed in the last year, so it was a good un and a good fit8-) but now even my kids wont let me do heavy stuff now :-/
    The Kitchen is looking good now so it wont be long then it will be flooring/lights and blinds 😀

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi Dai

Well that was good of the plumbers all in one day, top notch service:-D

Its Good to be back Dai but a bit sad to read about our Friends that have passed away.

Ha ha yes Dai Is correct I am on F/B and am enjoying our life to the full (energy levels allowing)

Hope your doing Ok Dai and will catch you on my rounds 😀

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" 😎

tom
    Participant

Well Its all done and am sure Elaine (the young bride) is happy with it? so if you dont mind i will try? and post some photo's (wish me luck lol)

Tom xxx

Gill
    Participant

Hi Tom

I only got one photo but it really looks good No wonder Elaine is pleased.

Love from Gill

PS tell Elaine to take her handbag off the cooker before she cooks breakfast:-)

jmsmyth
    Participant

I got the two photos. Kitchen really lovely and a gorgeous bag!! (I have a weakness for bag and shoes)

Jean x

Gill
    Participant

I looked again and the second one was there it was me being not too bright:-/

Looks great Tom I hope you and Elaine are going to cook some very tasty meals in there Gill xx

Helen
    Participant

Mmmmm very nice bag, and kitchen, is it Tom's bag?……..he he:-)
    Helen

brocho
    Participant

Hi Tom the kitchen looks great you and Elaine must be chuffed to bits! Ibet the family will be queing up to come round for dinner now ! Mind you dont let that wine rack get empty love Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New Kitchen’ is closed to new replies.