No more Velcade

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Tina 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gina45
    Participant

Went to the hospital today and they arent giving mum anymore velcade, they say it is affecting her kidneys and not the right treatment for her. She has been put on steroids to help but they are having a meeting today to decide mums next course of treatment. The are more than likely looking at what she had in the first place(MDT) but we have to wait. We have been told there arent many options left but they are still some, so some hope still there. Mums bloods are also a little low(8.5) we have been told if they get any worse she will have to have some blood transfusions.So its a waiting game once again
    Gina xx

eve
    Participant

Hi Gina
    Your mum must be feeling low just being anaemic ,a blood transfusion should make her feel much better,until they decide treatment.When will you know what comes next Gina.
    May be if you do some research to see what other drugs they use for Myeloma it might help,Hope your mum gets some blood as nothing worst than feeling washed out,and let hope the dex gives your mum some energy.
    Love Eve:-)

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Gina

Sorry Velcade hasn't worked for your Mum. Do hope the next few weeks bring better news.

Best wishes.

Mavis

susannah
    Participant

Hi Gina So sorry to hear Velcade has not worked for your mum, it is the only treatment Michael has had that didnt work for him, and also caused him lots of problems including PN. He took Revlimd after that with a good result

Best Wishes Sue

shirley
    Participant

Hi Gina sorry to hear that the medication is making your mum poorly,i'm ann MM patient but i've never taken Velcade yet so i don't know what to expect,but i do hope it won't be long before they reach a new decision on what to give her next and that she's starting to feel well again,take care for now best wishes Shirls x x

tom
    Participant

Hi Gina

Like the others I am sorry that the Velcade is not working for your Mum 🙁

I hope they soon find some thing that will help and not many side effects? (if only)

Love and Hugs to you all

Tom xxx

gina45
    Participant

Thank you to you all for your replies. We know it will get to the point where there wont be any options but are hoping that they can give her the mdt again. although it only got her pp to 19 she still had 12 months without treatment till numbers started rising again. You never know something new may come along in the meantime. I hope you are all ok and thank you all again for caring.
    Gina xxxx

Tina
    Participant

Hi Gina,

Sorry the Velcade is not working for Mum, like Susannah Velcade was the only treatment that never worked for my husband Patrick. By the sound of it your mum will be having a blood transfusion soon which will give her a boost.
    I hope new treatment is sorted soon, your mum sounds like a strong lady.

Best Wishes

Tina X

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘No more Velcade’ is closed to new replies.