Our Dai

This topic contains 40 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

our condolences to dai's family. he gave me advice and lots of hope and information. such a sad loss. this makes me so sad. god bless sarah xxxx

onlyme
    Participant

For some strange reason I felt compelled to log in.. I have just got in from work..
    So so sad.. Thoughts with all of Dai s family and loved ones… He was so kind and supportive to all he engaged with.
    And also thoughts with any family going through the Myeloma roller coaster of emotions.
    May we all stay strong and think fondly of Dais words of wisdom and knowledge.
    Lots of love and hugs to you all
    Angie (only me !)
    Xxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear All

I have tears in my eyes as I write. I feel as if I have lost a very dear friend even if we only knew one another through this site. I have been wondering about Dai, and praying for him, longing to hear some good news, and just trusting that his "farewell" party had been very premature. It seems now that he must have known.

Dai was the father of this Site for me and such an inspiration, and through his posts I came to admire Janet for her never ending support of him. I just take comfort that his passing was gentle and with family. What we would all wish.

I do hope that Dia's funeral is a fit celebration of his life. I wish I was nearer to Nottingham. I was always hoping to hear that Dai had got back to playing. Maybe you will have one of his songs. I shall try and find some on the Web to listen to as I remember the loss of my friend. I know Dai had faith and remind myself that death never has the last word.

Ross, thank you for writing.

My love to Janet and all the family.

Mavis xxxx

san
    Participant

Dear Dai, he was a great man on this forum for us all and i too am heartbroken for his family, what can i say except i am thinking of his family and hope that they will find solace in knowing that he was loved by all on here San xx

Eva
    Participant

Dear Ross,Janet & Family,
    None of us will ever truly be able to understand how truly special Dai was because we didn't know him as you did. However, my deepest condolences.

Eva

adamsp41
    Participant

Hi all…Jan and I would like to send our condolences and thoughts to all family and friends…always a source of info and advice on here…stay safe…Phil

Helen
    Participant

Dear Ross
    As everyone else has said, and I can only copy, Dai will be sorely missed. His was the first reply to my very first post on here and he had maintained that support for the last 21/2 years. I had wondered about his health only yesterday and am so sorry to hear he has left us all. His love and support for his family and friends made him shine as a human being. I'm also sorry he didn't make his 60th birthday next month as I know it was one of his goals.
    My condolences to all his family
    Helen

RossCrowther
    Participant

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=727789

you can find hundreds of Dad's more recent works here

Ross x x x

tom
    Participant

Dear Ross

Many thanks for coming on here as am sure you have plenty to do.

Like most on here I never met Dai and for that I am sad BUT am sure our Dai will not want us to be sad at his passing on Dai am sure will want us to remember him with a smile on our face and a skip in our step because that is the type of Gentleman he was, he was polite pleasant and down to earth so am sure we all have had our tears at our Dai passing on Dai would want us to remember him with a smile and not a tear.

Sad as it is Our Dai would want us to be Happy about his Life.

So a Smile from me when I say with respect rest in peace my friend, sadly missed but pleased to have come into contact with you. Xx

Tom x

ozzy
    Participant

We are truly gutted by this news Dai was a true fighter and an inspirational man. Our condolences and love go to Dai's family.
    Paul & Gayle
    xxx

bandityoga
    Participant

Ross

So sad to hear Dai passed away. He always cheered me up with his good humour and songs.

Love to all the family.

Maureen x

susannah
    Participant

Dear Ross Janet and family

I just wanted to add my condolences to the long list of names Your dad gave me great comfort during my husbands last months I will always be grateful for his kind words

Love to you all

Suex

eve
    Participant

GOODBY MY CYBER FRIEND .

boo
    Participant

Hi to all, I am the daughter of Dai (our Dai… I like this he would too)

I would firstly like to share with you this picture it is the front page of the local paper "the echo" in is hometown of wales Just click on the attachment at the bottom :)…Dad was behind the huge music festival held annually and started a writers group and many other things to help the community, this would of made him feel so very honoured and proud.
    Also Can I just say how comforting your words and condolences have been, truly, it's amazing to see how many people loved dad and how many he helped and advised. He really did love the forum, it gave him positivity and strength when he knew he was helping someone and their families.
    He was a very knowledgeable man, he knew his stuff and was so thorough with his detailed explanations he really did know how to make you feel better…SOOOO wise and wonderful.
    My love goes to you all, the sufferers of this terrible cancer and to all involved in your battles and your loved ones

Thank you and god bless!!!

Becky Boo Crowther
    xx

boo
    Participant

Also here are 2 pics of the Myeloma charity event I did for Dad in June 2011, it was a very good evening and we spent it, singing and raising money, we had head shaves, people getting waxed etc…Dad was weak and hot with the side effects from meds but he made it and he sang his heart out most of the evening …We raised a total of £450 x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Our Dai’ is closed to new replies.