Our Dai

This topic contains 40 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Becky

would like to take this time to give you my condolences, your Dad was and am sure will be for many a year to come spoken about fondly on this site as he was a Perfect Gent and even though he was having a rough time he always had time to pass on his many many words of wisdom and knowledge.
    you have posted some Lovely Photos I have to say, you all looked well Relaxed.

Thanks for sharing
    Big Hugs

Tom xx

janw
    Participant

It's so sad to read Dai has lost his battle against myeloma, especially when he had just had the chance to try a new promising drug. He had such a natural writing talent, which he ably used when offering such wise words of wisdom, knowledge, support and hope to members on the forum. I'm pleased he had the opportunity to spend some time with the people he loved during his recent farewell party. It's comforting to read he passed in comfort, peace and dignity with his family surrounding him. He will be sadly missed.
    Love Jan x

scott9
    Participant

Wow. I've just logged on and have been shocked and saddened by the news. I always assumed Dai would outlive me as he was such a great fighter. He has been such a stalwart on he forum and always had time to give detailed explanations on things. Great source of information.

My condolences to his wife and family. He has been a great inspiration and I will not forget that.

Scott

Perkymite
    Participant

I am shocked by the sudden news of Dai. We have been together for 4 long years and he was a great support not just for me but for everybody. IMy sincere condolences to all his family.

The site will not be the same without him.

kindest regards

David

zasrs
    Participant

I so rarely sign onto the myeloma site now, but for some reason I felt I had to tonight, I am very sorry to hear that Dai a man I never met, but who gave me such comfort when my husband died, has also lost his battle with myeloma. My thoughts go out to you Dai,s family it sounds as though he has left a lasting legacy which will bring great comfort to you all.

My sincere condolences

Sarah

Jacquie
    Participant

I have not been on site for a while am so sorry to see that Dai is no longer with us. My sincere condolences to his family he was a strength to a lot of us on here. RIP Dai 🙁

Dizzyliz
    Participant

I've logged in for the first time in ages, I am shocked and very sad to learn of Dai's passing, our condolences to Janet and family, sorry we never got to meet often would look out for you in clinic but our paths never crossed, what a great support you were to everyone with your written word such a wonderful gentleman!
    Greatly missed RIP DAI x

Liz & kev xx

meeuu
    Participant

Just like the last few posts, I have not being visiting this site for some time now. However, the news of Dai's passing has come as a shock and great personal sadness. Nonetheless, the sad news is tempered with the knowledge that there are very many wonderful and lovely people who contribute to this forum and I am sure that Dai's family and friends (including his Cyberfriends) are consoled by the many justifiable tributes paid to him.
    Ar dheis De go raibh a anam.

John

andyg
    Participant

Hi all
    Got this message from Becky Crowther via Facebook.

Andrew Godfrey please let everyone know in the our Dai group on Myeloma site that my brother made a speech today and he read out some of the beautiful posts from there, you were all mentioned and very much thought of today…all our love to you all xxxxxxxx

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  andyg.

Vicki
    Participant

Dear Janet and family,

I’ve had trouble logging in and have only just read this very sad news. To you all I send our condolences. Dai’s ability to paint a picture of his circumstances, even when they were some what messy….cdiff stories, could always inject a sense of humour. He was so encouraging and enormously knowledgeable. These words don’t articulate the high regard in which I held Dai and the gratitude for the support he wrote when Colin was going through his treatments.

Our thoughts are with you

Vicki and Colin x

HelenR
    Participant

Dear all, and especially Dai’s family,

I’m very late to add my condolences. I think in some way I didn’t really want to believe it was true, and like others have said it was such a shock when I read the sad news: Dai was such an institution on here. Since that’s how it came across even in messages on a forum and never having met him, I can only begin to imagine what a character he must have been for all of you who knew him in ‘real life’, as it were. You must be missing him a lot, and left with a big hole – but also a lot of very fond and vivid memories! It’s great to see the story in the paper and read a little of what else he’d done.

Many thanks to Dai – as to all the others on the forum – for all the words of wisdom given even during the toughest of times. I didn’t think myeloma would ever get the better of him – but then again he clearly wrung every last drop out of life and kept fighting on to the vrey last minute the latest drugs would allow, so in that sense I don’t really think it did, he definitely came out on top.

All the best,
    Helen

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Our Dai’ is closed to new replies.