Our Dai

This topic contains 40 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  HelenR 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I am so sorry to inform you that Our Dai has lost his battle with Myeloma, as we know Dai was strong and courageous and fought the illness through out it all.

Am sure you know Dai will be a great loss to the Myeloma community as. Dai was a strength to have in and around us.

I have passed my condolence to Dai's family and friends through Facebook.
    Am sure you are all with me in saying Dai will be sadly missed, but know that Our Dai would want us all to pull together and have a long and happy remission , we now have another one looking out for us all.

RIP my Friend x

Min
    Participant

Dear Dai was a strength and comfort as well as a man with enormous knowledge that he was willing to share with his own unique eloquence.

He was able to comfort and support new and old members with wit and wisdom and will be sadly missed by all who encountered him.

My thoughts now are with his wife and children.

God Bless Dai and sleep well my friend

Min

dickb
    Participant

I am so saddened to hear of Dai's death, although I did not know him personally and have been a member of this site for about 8 months only, I read his posts, shared the odd post with him and had some humurous and touching replies.

I add my condolences to the many that are sure to follow. We all knew it was coming, we just did not know when. If anyone needs an example of living in hope and not giving up, then they probably find it hard to match Dai's example.

We are going out for a meal tonight so we will be saying a toast to Dai.

andyg
    Participant

Thanks Tom
    As you know I was aware of Dai's passing this morning when you posted on face book. I have been thinking of Dai all day.
    In a short 6 months we have now lost two stalwarts of the forum. Both Dai and Keith had a great depth of knowledge about this awful disease about its treatments and the latest drugs that were in the pipeline.
    Dai never gave up hope that he would make it it the next wonder drug coming along and battled to make it happen.
    After I was diagnosed in Oct 2011 and joined this forum Dai was the standout source of information he would go into great detail of your treatment options, the drugs that were involved and the likely side effects. His posts would run to many words as he gave you a full and detailed reply to your posts.
    I could go on and on about Dai's wonderful qualities but everyone on here is already aware of his qualities. He will be greatly missed on the forums. I feel myself privileged to have known him even though it was only through this forum.

Thanks for everything Dai. xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

My deepest condolences to Janet, Becky, Angie and all the family. I hope that Dai knew how we all felt about him and how much we appreciated his friendship. His advice, humour, songs and poetry will be greatly missed

Jean xx

Tina
    Participant

I have just read of our Dai's sad passing on Debs post on Facebook. He will for sure be greatly missed by everyone on this site living the myeloma fight. He will also be missed by me and many others who have enjoyed his wit, songs and comforting words over the past years.

My deepest sympathy goes out to his darling wife and family.

Safe journey
    Tina XX

BellaRS
    Participant

So sad to hear this! Have very fond memories of reading his posts.

Bella

Michele
    Participant

I'm very sad and shocked to hear this news as I didn't even know that Dai had taken a turn for the worst.
    My sympathy to all the family.

dickb
    Participant

We had a toast to Dai, sorely missed

wendyduffield
    Participant

My condolences to Janet and her family.
    Dai will be greatly missed on the forum. Like everyone says he was a mine of information about Myeloma and a support to everyone who posted here when he had something relevant to say. What ever he said was always useful and he was one of the first people to reply to my first post. Things seemed brighter in his recent posts as he was starting a new drug on trial (Pomalidimide), I am so glad he had his party with all his family and friends around him from far and wide when he was well enough to do so.
    Feeling very sad
    Wendy

Mari
    Participant

I am very saddened to hear the news of Dai's passing. I have been coming to this site for over three years and he was a huge part of the Myeloma Community here and meant so much to so many of us here. But I know this was such a small part of Dai's life and he has made a huge mark on this world and leaves a great legacy behind him, in so many ways.

My thoughts tonight and in the coming weeks and months are with janet and his wonderfully close family who I know will draw together now and support each other.

My love and condolences to you all,

Hedd, perfaith hedd,

Mari xxx

Ali
    Participant

I am so sad to hear of Dai's passing.

He was an inspiration to all. I looked forward to reading his posts on here. He replied to my first post when Mum was diagnosed, he was very knowledgeable.

My thoughts are with his family. They must be so proud of him.

sandydeli
    Participant

Very sorry to hear this news, my thoughts with Dai's family x

RossCrowther
    Participant

Hi all,

Thank you for your messages about Dad (Dai). I just wanted to express from his family, how much Myeloma UK and all it's members who engaged on the forums meant to Dad. Dad would often sit and tell stories of his friends on Myeloma UK and the inspiration he drew from the bravery and example set by those who have gone before him and those how are still fighting and remaining resolute.

Dad had been in hospital with complications from the side effects of Myeloma but unfortunately caught pneumonia suddenly and unexpectedly. Dad was well into his Myeloma journey and just did not have the strength for this last fight.

He was an inspiration to the very end, using his P's and Q's even when the medication was strong and the battle all but lost. He passed in comfort, dignity and grace and was surrounded by his family, all bearing witness to his beautiful soul, so for which ever angel came to collect him, would have no doubt of his worth for passage through the pearly gates!!

Thank you all again for your messages of love and cherished memory. God speed in your own journey's and I hope Dad's memory can be an inspiration for you all as you fight this terrible disease.

His loving son Ross and family

LizMaywood
    Participant

I am so saddened by this news- Dai was such a wonderful support to so many on this site and will be sorely missed. His postings were so informative, insightful and genuine with added wit when required.

My condolences to Janet and all his family.

Rest in peace,

Liz x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Our Dai’ is closed to new replies.