Passports?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 11 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Guys, My passport expires 1 Dec 2013. I am going to France with my Son 23 August 2013 for a week.

Do I need to have 6 months on my passport from Aug 2013?

I looked on the Gov UK site and there only seems to be one passport for £72. Is there a short/limited passport, used to be in the good old days?

Thanks for the help

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Stuart
    Participant

Hi David
    I don't know if you're going by air or sea but I could offer the following advice.
    My wife Jules and I travel to and from France quite often, and I have certainly travelled more than once with less than 6 months left on my passport. Our experience is that the French immigration people (certainly at Dover) are very relaxed about passports and often wave us through without even a look. I think in general they don't regard people who are clearly English as any kind of threat, or hardly likely to abuse their social security system.
    Airports may be a different matter, but common sense would make it obvious you're just on holiday, and therefore unlikely to stay beyond Dec 2013.
    I don't think they do the old style six months passport anymore, probably for security reasons as it was just to easy to abuse.
    Enjoy your holiday and I hope it's a nice corner of France you are headed to.
    regards
    Stuart

Helen
    Participant

Hi David
    I have an old style passport which runs out on 29th April. We went to lanzarote 2 weeks ago. It was fine for Europe but lots of officials pointed its date to me! Had I been going to America I would have needed 6 months on it they said.
    Hope that helps
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

That's right Helen 6 months for USA

Jean x

Helen
    Participant

Hi David
    Re bulbs, did you tell her what it was supposed to say? Or is that still a romantic secret?

How is Frank today Jean?
    Love Helen

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Helen as the boys say he must be feeling better as he is complaining 😀 appetite is improving every day. Still not eating a lot but getting there. He had a beer and a whiskey tonight – one thing about Frank – he gets his priorities right. His daily exercise is climbing the stairs a few times a day. When he first came out he couldn't manage them he has a big birthday coming on 28 April. All the boys and families home.

How are you Helen. What's happening?
    Love Jean x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Jean
    It's good to know he's doing ok, I still can't take wine or curry, my sense of taste is quite weird still, but it means I'm still very thin! Silver lining:-) actually it more likely means I drank too much before! As for the bmb… Results next week, but I'm fine really, I'm hoping I have a slow return to more treatment and fit in a few more holidays, this post has spurred me into filling in the form today and I will put some slap on tomorrow and go and gets the photos done.
    Love Helen

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Helen, No I did not tell her I had even planted them she was so puzzled to see this bulbs popping up in the lawn. I felt a little white lie was justified there. Next time I will plant them with a lot more care and slug protection 😎

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Helen
    Participant

Oh how lovely, I hope you get them sorted, and next year I expect you to post a picture
    Love Helen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Passports?’ is closed to new replies.