Quietly Panicking!

This topic contains 46 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  brocho 12 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Thankyou everyone your support means such a lot. Wobbly moment over but I am definitely going to ring my nurse tomorrow as this pain is more than can be blamed on dusting unfotunately !! lots of love Bridget x

Georgina
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. Hope they get the pain sorted soon and you start to feel better.

Take care
    George x

eve
    Participant

HI Bridget,

You are all ways there to support people,in time of need,I wish you well and will try to follow your post to support you as much as I can.best wishers eve

AMcGuire
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Have had you on my mind today. Hope you were able to meet with or speak to your nurse today and that you got the help you needed. Hopefully you are a little more at ease and not worrying so much … easy said though and yes, just mere words.

Sending love as always and thinking of you too
    Angelina xoxo

brocho
    Participant

Hi Angelina thankyou for your caring words. I phoned my nurse today and she is going to make sure the mri report is seen this week and will phone me on Friday bless her!! She has also suggested Fentanyl patches for the pain. But its very strange I have had no back ache this afternoon and evening , thank god,all I can think is the weekly steroid dose I took this morning has reduced some inflamation It will be interesting to see if it comes back in a few days , feel a bit silly if it doesnt though!! Not worrying as much but very puzzled at least I havent got long to wait for the mri results love Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

' It will be interesting to see if it comes back in a few days , feel a bit silly if it doesnt though!! '

I sincerely hope that you feel as daft as a brush you ninny. I will celebrate your silliness with you. xxx

Dai.

Min
    Participant

Bridget I think its the Revlamid…….
    There are rarely two days alike for Peter. There is no rhyme or reason as to what he will feel like or when.
    Used to be able to know it was a certain stage of his medication but that is no longer the case. Some days he is full of energy and then he goes downhill fast and has to spent the day in bed. No idea why!
    Pleased the pain has run away for a while and hope it gets lost!
    love Min

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min yes I agree Revlimid makes life very unpredictable doesnt it !!. I cant say its the easiest of drugs to live with and initially I thought it would be less evil than the others. Has Peter got a cough? I think its all the extra musus being produce rather than infection biut it is turning into a really nasty cough which has me gasping for breath , mind you 2 lots of anti-biotics havent helped so I will just have to live with it Hope you have been able to enjoy your garden in the sunshine love Bridget x

Min
    Participant

Hi Bridget, He had a cough last month when we were on holiday and does do a bit of it when on the 'week off' But all the other side effects which on there own are manageable but when pushed together become a 'bore' Lots of cramp if not enough fluid intake, feeling sick often. Daihhoria frequently with no understanding what has caused it food wise. Mood swings.
    He often goes out to cut the grass and gets carried away, then suffers for days afterwards with extra pain. Followed usually by Hot sweating flushes.
    It is a bleeding awful lot of little annoying things non of which is sufficiently hard to deal with, but when they all come at once
    Depressing for me to watch. In two years there has now only been 5months with no medication and its soul destroying. I feel like the clock is ticking time away and he is never well enough for long enough to just enjoy life.
    I love my garden but Im determined to decorate and its too tiring to just get it done so have a day off in-between and its taking for ever. Took me 4days to do the en suite and alter a blind to fit the window. Hey Ho, used to be able to do this sort of thing in a day…… my energy just got up and went
    Love MIn

brocho
    Participant

Hi Min I know what you mean individually the side-effects sometimes seem not worth a mention but as a total they dont make for a happy life. Peter seems to have been very unlucky as far as his diarrhoea , that must be so depressing. I am at the point where the endless chemo in one form or another can get me down , in almost 5 years I have only been treatment free for 18 months, I am not sure how much more my system can take to be honest But then again we are lucky there is treatment for us so I kick myself when I sart to think like that!! I am impressed with you decorating ,its ages since I did In fact its 6 years ,when Jeff had his mid-life crisis and left me for a floozie I decorated the whole house in 3 weeks!! How I wish I had that energy now !!Dont overdo it though , myeloma must be taking its toll on you too so be kind to yourself and do what you enjoy as well love Bridget x

Roz
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Just wanted to check everything is OK? Do you know everything is more at night. I know that by my thoughts that take over while laid in bed. Please don't think more of it until you have had it checked out. If you have had the results and I'm talking cra please forgive me. Just remember the Revlimid did work at the beginning and it has helped you along the way.
    Please don't give up
    Love to you
    Roz

brocho
    Participant

Hi Roz thankyou I do feel much more positive that was just one of those nights when the pain got too much and ended up in dark thoughts I am sure we all have those nights !! Mri today and hopefully have results by the end of the week Mind you the pain has been gone since I took my steroid dose so maybe it wont come back! I hope you have a good day its sunny here already which always helps to feel more cheerful doesnt it Take care love Bridget x

Mari
    Participant

Dear Bridget,

Have just seen this and I am so sorry you are having pain. However I am with Dai and I really hope you end up feeling silly!

I am thinking about you and hope they can sort things out soon for you,

Love Mari xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Bridget

Just caught up with your troubles. So sorry because you are so brave ans an inspiration to me. Hope improvement continues.

Thinking of you.

Love

Mavis x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Mavis thank you for your lovely kind words where would I be without you all !! I had a phone call today but the radiologists report of my mri wasnt ready Apparently they are going to discuss me in the team meeting on Monday though so fingers crossed Today I had to go to UCH to check out the swelling on my leg It wasnt a clot but they think it is cellulitis caused by the water retention, theres always something new with myeloma, life is just full of surprises!! love Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Quietly Panicking!’ is closed to new replies.