REMISSION.

This topic contains 33 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 12 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

The consultant said the magic word,it has taken a year,must admit when travelling to the hospital,we were both thinking it was not on the cards as Slim has not been well the last 2 weeks.

So waiting on Kings for appointment!!!!

Its like a new ball game,we have to do the learning curve,and find out what the future holds.
    looking on line for a cruise,as a treat away from the future. Love eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

Hope all your news is good. Well done you both. Frank and I l ove cruising we go when we can. Our favourite is Royal caribbean. Whatever you do – enjoy – I am delighted and so happy for you both. It has been a long road – but you and Slim show that there is a definate light at the end of the tunnel.
    My love and best wishes to you both
    Love Jean Xxxxxx

Min
    Participant

I?m really pleased for you both, enjoy the rest of your life
    Min

brocho
    Participant

Great news Eve you must both be on cloud nine!! Poor Slim has been through so much it must such a relief Get travelling and enjoy all the things you have been dreaming of love Bridget x

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    Thanks for your wishers,I know it,s just the start,but to us its a light at the end of a very long tunnel.
    We will go to kings,and see what they offer on SCT but we know how the consultant feels,but as he said Kings do hundreds and they are the experts.

We are still piled up with appointments so no travelling yet,hope to be able to book a short cruise from Dover before we have to make any major choices on treatment.With still being on trials the next step is after SCT or not.You are then randomised for no treatment or a low dose chemo drug,So that will be the next major hurdle.A computer has Slims life in its hands.LOL,but we can always come off the trials at any time.

I would be grateful for any input concerning SCT as even if Kings say yes to it,we are both concerned by the length of remission,we hope to get some facts and figures to see if it,s a viable option.Also the quality of life that can be expected.

love Eve

tom
    Participant

Way To Go, way to go, wayyy to Goooo, that Slim and Eve, wayy to Goooo And a great BIG WELL DONE from me and the Young Bride (Elaine)

I know for you both its been an Uphill Strugle 🙁 but as I always say "Onwards and Upwards" and you two have proved it can be done 😀 well done to you and your Team 😎

As for the SCT Eve I had mine in December 09 and am still "Onwards and Upwards" doing good and feeling and looking Damn Good (if i have to say so myself) We all know that the treatment and side effects is not the same for all so do what I do Look and Listen to those that have had that remission for years and years, its what keeps me going 😀

The SCT has its bad bits but I can tell you it is well worth it in the end.

Once again you two well done and keep it strong.

Love and Big smiles from icccle ole me

To One "Onwards and Upwards" pair from another "Onwards and Upwards" Pair Tom and Elaine xxxxx

DaiCro
    Participant

About time too… talk about dragging your feet. 😀

Well done to both of you… especially you Eve, you have fought tooth and nail to get to this point so enjoy every moment of the remission… as should Slim. 🙂 😎

Dai.

kaychappers
    Participant

What fantastic news for you both. Enjoy hearing the positive side of this illness. I had SCT in September and came through it really well. Out in two weeks and now I am back to work. Love Kay x

BADGER
    Participant

Great news eve
    lets hope it lasts a real long time so yuou both can get on with your lives and enjoy your travelling again:-)
    Love Jo

shirley
    Participant

Fabulous news,especially for Slim. You can both sit back and plan that cruise/holiday that you both so rightly deserve,take care Shirls x x x

Helen
    Participant

Hello Eve
    Good news for you at last. What a struggle it has been. Time to take a breath now before the next phase. I found the sct much worse than I expected, I'm 18 weeks post now and not able to stay awake all day yet! Still got lots of gut problems -the unpredictability of which is very unnerving ( and painful!!) but I am in remission and that is a really really great feeling. I hope the next stage is easier for you both than the last one.
    Love Helen

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Eve

So glad to hear that Slim had been told this marvellous news. Do hope you manage to plan a cruise soon.

All best wishes.

Mavis x

Perkymite
    Participant

Great News Eve, Go for the Cruise, set your mind that you are going to do it and go, go, go. We have just booked a flight to Alicanti, Spain for a week in Apr/May. It is Mo's Brother's 80th Birthday.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Thanks Everyone
    For all your support,It is such good news,which has taken a long time to get to this point,but it is lovely to be here,sound a bit stupid,but at times just could not see the light at the end of the tunnel,so its good,good and even better.;-) 😎 🙂

I cannot help thinking about some people who are not posting like Sharon who was on Velcade and in the same position as Slim who went to Birmingham for PET scans has any body heard from her????? tried to contact her to no avail.

My special thanks to you Min you kept me going when times were bad, I know how hard it has been for you and I hope you will keep going forward and opening those doors.Love Eve

Lynda
    Participant

Dear Eve
    Sorry I have only just caught up on computer and saw your great news.I am so happy and delighted for you both. I am new to this site but have been reading your posts for a little while now and realise what battles you have been fighting. Enjoy that cruise. You so deserve it.
    Love from Lynx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘REMISSION.’ is closed to new replies.