Smelling the bluebells

This topic contains 16 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Well the title say,s it all!!!

We went out to the woods to smell the bluebells,a lovely blue carpet with such a wonderful smell,Slim could not walk very far into the woods mainly because the paths were so uneven I had visions of him tumbling over:-P

3 years since being able to do this,2 because he was in hospital,so this year it has been a real pleasure just for him to be fit enough to do it.
    The one thing you can say about Myeloma,is it does make you appreciate the smaller things in life. Love Eve

tonyf
    Participant

Wonderful, how right you are about the appreciation of the smaller things in life.
    Glad that you were able to do it, doesn't it make you feel good!
    Regards
    Tony F

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes, See attached photograph. Pity our native Bluebells are being destroyed by the Spanish/Portuguese hybrids, They have no scent!

It is great Slim is getting out, keep up the good work Eve.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Hi Tony and David

Spring might be late this year,but its worth waiting for after such a long time not being able to enjoy it.

Slim was in hospital for 22 days first time, I use to drive with windows open along the A2 on the way to hospital at 8am back at 9pm,so spring passed me by.the next time Slim was in Kings having SCT,good hospital,but the area,how can people live without the smell of spring.

My hay fever plays me up something rotten,sneezing and runny eyes,but its worth it.

Picture is great, you will have to tell me how to do attachments,hopeless posting photo,s took all my time to get profile photo up. Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

you are right Eve the bluebells are beautiful at the moment the woods near us are one carpet of blue and the smell is heavenly it gives you a lift just to see it I am glad Slim managed to get into the woods, any news on his scan! yet are you keeping well
    Love Jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

David what a lovely photo 🙂

Love Jean x

eve
    Participant

Hi Jo and Jean

Hope you are both keeping well.
    I bet the house is spotless Jean takes time to get them back on there feet.:-)

We are waiting on results,phoned but they said they were not in!!!!Consultant Friday!!!

We have just bought a new Motorhome!!!! Other one was to big for me to manage chores ,but the new one is more manageable ,so we are hoping to have a break!!!. Taking a leave out of Andy,s book!!!

Going to find more bluebells. Love Eve

tom
    Participant

Eve an Slim
    Well done on the "Bluebell walk" and yes its correct we (all being well that is ?) make the most of all our days (and nights).

Shame you never took a Photo Eve as David's is great, David did you make the walking stick ?? looks good 🙂

Have a great week end this coming Bank holiday and if the young bride (Elaine) can keep me from the shops al go and find a Bluebell field.
    Nearly the week end am pleased to say 🙂

Tom Onwards and Upwards x

eve
    Participant

Hi Tom

We started travelling many many years ago,I alWays said I would never take photo,s if truth be told I would bore my kids ridged with them.

To me the whole point of an adventure,is for Slim and I to share,it belongs to us,wonderful times,lots of travel,my kids and grandchildren have to find there own adventure,my photo,s are in my brain,not the still image,often the smell of things bring back a wonderful memory,do not think you can bottle that or photograph it.

32 years and hoping for many more. Love Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Thanks for the thread Eve, I absolutely love Bluebell walks and will seek them out during my week off treatment next week… camera to the ready. 😎

Great photo David… Mo certainly worked her magic by knocking out that bench with her small magic staff. 🙂

Where are you in the photo? 😎

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Eve

Aww but for me I LOVE PHOTO'S and even Charlie the Dog gets fed up with Dad taking photo's ha ha, but I cant help it Love love Photo's.
    Attached one of my Young Bride and I

Love Tom xx

eve
    Participant

Tom and Dai

First Tom,it shows in the eyes.

Dai in the south the woods are covered,next week you will be lucky to see them,the blossom on the trees is going due to wind and rain,we watched a niebour with here young daughter picking up handfuls of blossom like confetti ,throwing it up in the air,gone until next year.

Such a lovely time of the year. Eve

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve:-/

Fed up cleaning :-/ but it has to be done. I read on face book about your new motor home – good health wished on you both to enjoy (don't know if that's an English thing but we say it here when you get something new). I hope that you get good news on tomorrow and that you can get back on the road again theres a song with that title :-/

Hey Jo how are you? How's Adam! Hope things are going well
    Take care
    Love Jean

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eve

I have been thinking of you and hope that Slim got good results from the consultant today.

I too have hayfever, no bluebells here but lots of daffodils.

It's our anniversary on 30th May, 5 years as it's my second marriage but we have known each other for 10 years. Ian is getting out of hospital to go to a restaurant for lunch. It will do us both good.

Keep me posted.

Love Maureen x

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen

Good to hear from you,it will do you both good to get away from hospital,I use to sneak Slim out a lot,as he hated the hospital and they had no day room,We use to spend a lot of time in the chapel .

I married Slim after 30 odd years together,are anniversary is 24 May married in ITU,we tried for 14 February but Slim was in hospital then set date for 26 but there was no way he was getting out,so married in hospital,he say,s he has grounds for divorce as has no memory!!!

Bad news is officially relapse ,off MX1 trials,Revidimide next treatment,but have put it off for 2 weeks so we can have a short holiday,catching boat Saturday or Sunday,France here we come,have to be back for bloods around 7th for introduction and Zometa on the 10 of June .
    The Great Escape begins,because it will e sometime before we can make it abroad again with being on treatment.

We are both remaining positive,more organised this time, everything ordered,chemist on board,appointments soughted and I intend to make sure all appointments are combined so we spend less time in hospitals,2 1/2 years non stop, love Eve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Smelling the bluebells’ is closed to new replies.