Some good news

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi all

Mum has just had a wks break from Revlimid due to the itching problem, she has now gone back on it, She has only had 3 wks of treatment and her proteins have come down from 26 to 9 well impressed, lets hope we can get her in remission this time!! She is still really tired tho and that never seems to improve, but at least she is here and doing well.

with love michelle x x

Georgina
    Participant

Hi Michelle

That's really good news and so lovely to hear. Hope your mum starts to feel a less tired soon.

Best wishes to you and your family and hope you have a lovely christmas.

Take care
    Georgina

Gill
    Participant

Good news indeed Georgina. I hope she continues to improve

Kind regards Gill xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Michelle

Am pleased to hear your Mums proteins have dropped after a short time 😀

And the tired thing? well I got tired before I knew I had MM and still get tired easy? that just might be because am not as active as i used to be ?? ah well as long as am healthy evry one will wait till I catch up lol

Love to you and your Mum

Tom xxxx

doddel
    Participant

Thats great Michelle – congratulations to your mum – long may it continue.

michelleakitt29
    Participant

thanks guys,i am so proud of her and how she has handled having MM. I think your probably right Tom about the not been so active, we all know the less we do the more tired we are. but if that is the worst thing we have to deal with then thats pretty good.

with much love michelle x x

Debs
    Participant

Hi MIchelle,

Great news about the protein levels! Really pleased to hear that. Revlimid sounds like such a successful drug….my levels 'look' like they're dropping on it too!

Does she struggle sleeping? I know I do, and don't know if it's the revlimid or the other drugs. But I wake every hour most weeks since I started on the revlimid. I've been off it 2 nights now and am hoping for some sleep so I'm not so tired, but sadly my little girl has been ill and up throughout both of those nights so far!!!

Anyway, hope things continue to improve for her.

Debs xx

Min
    Participant

Hi Michelle
    Doesnt good news give your spirits such a lift?
    Its wonderfull when we hear good news for a change, our good news is that peter is back on the velcade and his platelets went from 40 to 110 by missing one injection. Dont know yet about his light chains, but that fact alone gave me a lift.
    Min

Gaye
    Participant

Well done everyone. Yes it is good to hear some positive news when it is about so do enjoy it. I hope this second blast of winter isn't go to be as long and awful as the last one. I for one am not dreaming of a white Christmas. Just a boring old cloudy one will do!

Have a good weekend.
    Love, Gaye xx

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Debs

No mum doesn't have any trouble sleeping (only on the odd occasion she does) even on dex days she sleeps, she was not herself yesterday when i spoke to her on the phone, but once again she was incredibly tired and finds it difficult just to hold a conversation when she is like that. Other than that very pleasing results with Revlimid, hope yours keep going down too, the only other problem is the itching which at the moment does seem to have settled since she had the week break.

Hi Min

Glad things going well for Peter too, and yes it is a great lift to your spirits when things are going right for a change.

Hi Gaye

Lets hope it all continues to be positive into the new year!! I would kind of like a white christmas but mum and dad coming over and we are going out for xmas lunch so maybe i should wish for a boring cloudy day

with much love michelle x x x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Michelle great news you must all be so relieved Have a wonderful xmas and if mum does drop off she wont be the only one ,half the country will be joining her love Bridgetx

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi All

Just a little update, Mums proteins have come down to 4 I am so pleased, Revlimid is working well!!! She is still very tired and does have increased pain, She has been referred back to the palliative pain team to have a look at her pain relief, she is on regular methadone and oxynorm for breakthrough pain relief, She is taking the oxynorm more now so think that is why they are going to review it. However, as we all know more meds means Mmmm more sleeping! She was feeling unwell yesterday and took to her bed, which she never does, but she was feeling a little brighter last night. Shall ring her shortly and see how she is today. I have not been on much so wishing you all a very Happy New Year be it a little late.

with loads of love michelle x x
    (p.s Bridget, I am sure you have seen the pics on facebook, yep she fell asleep while eating Xmas dinner lol x x)

brocho
    Participant

Hi Michelle terrific news!! Revlimid certainly seems to be doing the trick for your mumAs for the pain relief I know what you mean . my morphine has just been upped again and I take Severodol for breakthrough but its not that great at the momentHas your mum had radiotherapy? I have an appointment next week with a Professor no less!!!Well I am going to have to look on fb nowand thank goodness no =one could find their camera here on xmas day , mind you yhaving a nap in the dinner beats me I think Please give my love to your mum and heres to a healthy happy new year love Bridget x

michelleakitt29
    Participant

She has had 2 fractions of radiotherapy one when she was first diagnosed and the other last summer time I think!? Maybe they might try some more?? Good look when you see prof keep me posted to what he says. By the way she will kill me if she knows i have put the pics on FB lol.

with much love michelle x x

brocho
    Participant

Hi Michelle I wont tell on you I promise !!! love Bridget x Its the sort of thing my girls would do so now I am off to check their fb just in case there are pics of me in the land of nod ! love Bridget x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Some good news’ is closed to new replies.