Some good news

This topic contains 29 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi all!

Having got over a five day hospitalisation for an infection I had some good news when I went to collect my fifth regime of CDT. My PP are undetectable! I couldn't believe it! I am hoping they stay the same. I am having another PP test next time. The sixth round will be my last so I am hoping then for a long remission. I certainly don't want any more treatment at the moment as I need to concentrate on my mobility so that I can at last get out of the house. I do want to get back to driving too.

I seem to remeber folk saying there can be withdrawal symptoms at the end of CDT. Information would be welcome.

Best wishes to all.

Mavis x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hello Mavis,

Great news about your PPs and that you got rid of the infection! As for the withdrawal after cdt can't remember what happened with kev only that he went straight onto sct so no time to have any as I can recall?

So pleased for you Mavis and you soon get mobile again

Thinking about you love liz & kev xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Mavis

Great news. Hope you get a long long remission. Don't know about withdrawal from CDT as Frank is on the 2nd cycle of the first time.

Take care
    God bless
    Love Jean x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Mavis
    thats wonderful news see God was listening i did'nt have any withdrawals from CDT just a bit from the DEX lets hope your mobility eases and you can get around much better
    God bless Jo x

AndyS
    Participant

Hi Mavis,
    Great news that your PPs have taken the hint. Lets hope they stay that way for a long time.
    I had a couple of months off after CDT and I didn't have any real problems and the effects slowly wore off and I began to feel more normal. A bit down on energy though, that didn't return fully until after my STC.
    Best wishes,
    Andy

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Mavis

Hey that great about the pps, what a great feeling that is!!!! Don't worry about missing DDT as long as you're off it that's all that matters, ha ha!. On a serious note I don't know about C D T, cook was on revlimid, he has been off treatment for 4 wks now roughly, and seems ok x

Good luck and keep well

Vicki and colin:-)

Eva
    Participant

Hi Mavis,
    Delighted about your results. I think the withdrawal might be referring to going off dex so fast. The body gets used to being on dex even if it doesn't like it….. So I've heard you have to lower the dose of dex gradually or it could create problems.
    Best,
    Eba

tom
    Participant

Hey Mavis

A well done that girl 😀 as for the withdrawal symptoms we all differ did I have any in 2009 ?? I cant remember 😀 so thats a good thing aint it 😎 .

Just hab[]ng in its looking and working real well 😎

Love

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

Mari
    Participant

Dear Mavis,

So pleased to hear your treatment has been so successful but I am sorry to hear you have been suffering with an infection. Hoprfully now, once your last cycle is over, life will be on the up again. I dont remember Steve having any withdrawal from CDT. He had some fairly bad side effects towards the end, terrible exhaustion so he could not get out of bed some days, his energy returned slowly, and as it did he was able to improve his mobility no end. two years on, we were remembering that he did not drive for maybe nine months. we have just driven back from North Wales this evening,and he did half of it, it's hard to believe how he was when he was first diagnosed. I am sure you will find that normality will start to return. Here's hoping for a wonderful remission,

Love Mari x

mhnevill
    Participant

Hello everyone

Thank you so much for your encouraging messages. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is the beginning of a long remission. I think it is encouraging for other folk as well if it is. I will keep you posted. I hope others' news is as good.

Lots of love to everyone.

Mavis xxx

TinaP
    Participant

Hi Mavis,
    I'm on cycle 4 of CDT (hopefully my last before SCT) My pp dropped from 33 to 3 in 2 cycles.

Hope you get a long remision and start to enjoy life again. It's a long road.

Love
    Tina

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Mavis, Just picked up your good news, WONDERFUL. I never reached Zero pp it must be lovely feeling. I cannot help with withdrawal systems from CDT I did not have any that I can recollect at all.

Keep strong now and enjoy yourself.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Mavis,

I had withdrawal symptoms from my CDT treatment… I went around the house shouting WHOO HOO! And.. it being near Xmas… there was a lot of carol singing as I recall.8-)

My normal medication regime carried on so the only sudden change was the disappearance of the C the D and the T… none of which I missed in the slightest… and I have never heard of any withdrawal symptoms in my four years on the forum. 😐 That doesn't mean it can't happen but if I was you I'd quietly celebrate your freedom from such effective but thoroughly nasty drugs.>:-)

Any side-effects should be reported to your lead nurse but I doubt that they will be directly attributable to the CDT.:-/

Dai.

Gill
    Participant

Lovely to hear good news Good luck Gill

Helen
    Participant

Hi Mavis
    I'm so glad to hear the drugs have done the trick, I took about 4 weeks to feel 'normal' again after the RCD which I had. Hope you are running around soon.
    Love Helen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Some good news’ is closed to new replies.