"Subcute"

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Debs 12 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

meeuu
    Participant

Hello all you helpfull and delightful people.
    I have not been on the forum for some weeks past, although I do read the posts when I can. Anyway, I just want to thank you for posting the info on subcutaneous injection of Valcade. As you probably know, my wife Cecilia,is now in her 6th year as an MM "member" and had a STC some years ago. She was on the original trial of Velcade (over here) and has run the full gambit of all the other trials as well. Last Nov, she started back on Velcade (at a reduced amount) and has been very stable since then. The only drawback was the deterioration in her veins for the insertion of the canulla on her twice-monthly visit for treatment. Then, I noticed that a member of this exclusive club (Myeloma UK) had heard about subcutaneous injection, so I mentioned it to Cecilia's team here in Ireland. Never heard of it, but they would make enquiries. Sure enough, two weeks ago, she got her treatment by "Subcute" and it worked like a dream. She is the first (yet again) to avail of new types of treatment. So, dear friends, only for you, Cecilia would be in a poorer place regarding her treatment. Cyber hugs and applause from me to you.
    John

brocho
    Participant

Hi John thats brilliant news I am so pleased life will be more comfortable for Cecilia now Even more amazing is her medical team listened and acted on the info you gave them !! I wish hospitals here would do the same especially on this issue with Velcade ut unfortunately they are being very slow . I hope Cecilias treatment continues to go well. love to you both Bridget x

DaiCro
    Participant

Glad to be of help. 😀

Dai.

Gill
    Participant

So pleased to hear that Cecilia is receiving less difficult/painful treatment. I hope she is doing well

Gill

Perkymite
    Participant

That is really great news John, Celia is quite a trail blazer:-D

I think it is also good news for the Forum and all the people who make the effort to post their various bits of information, it must be very rewarding for them as well as yourself to know, by participating, they have actually helped another sufferer.

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Hi John
    Good news for you both,Our hospital is still talking about it,do not know if Slim will have it as on MYeloma trials,have to wait and see.:-P

We asked about it sometime ago,its going to be a tummy job,we asked could it be done like clexane,so we could self administer no such luck.

Glad to know you are both fine,look forward to hearing your next episode.
    Eve and Slim

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi John pleased to hear that Cecilia managed to get her Velcade via the Subcute route.
    My veins collapse very easily and have always been a problem,and that's when they manage to find them.
    During my recent treatment I ended up with phlebetic areas on my right arm where the veins had simply given up and it's very painful.
    This way of injecting(when possible) should be universal so that we don't have to suffer the stress we do everytime we need to have a canula fitted which with this disease is on a regular basis.

Keith.

Debs
    Participant

I know the Marsden is finally giving it subcutaneously but also that if you are on a trial it ISN'T available. Hopefully one day even that will change as there's no way I'd have velcade again unless it wAs subcut. The pn has been too uncomfortable.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘"Subcute"’ is closed to new replies.