The best Christmas present ever.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mari
    Participant

Last Wednesday, 22nd Decemeber, we saw Steve's consultant from KCH, three months after his SCT. Unfortunately the bone marrow biopsy results were not fully available, but the aspirate results did show less than 1% plasma cells. However they did not want to make any firm diagnosis without the bone trephine. We resigned ourselves to not hearing any more until the New Year, what with the Christmas break etc. While driving home, mostly in queues out of London, we were extremely surprised when Steve's Tun Wells consultant called on his mobile. After an exchange of pleasantries he finally said ' I have your trephine results on my desk now and their is no sign of any disease in the bone, I call that Complete remission.' Of course we are delighted and have had the most wonderful Christmas, especially as our daughter surprised us by arriving home from Australia despite the weather and the state of the airports.
    This last year has been pretty awful, and this time last year Steve was so ill, in a lot of pain and barely able to walk. We now hope to find some kind of normality, Steve is already back at work and hopes to work up to full time in January. I want to thank all you here that have been so supportive and loving over this difficult time. We now hope to follow your example and move on and make the best of our lives despite this disease. I hope that in some way this can help someone else who is starting out on this dreadful myeloma journey to know that there can be hope, even when it seems things cannot be any worse.
    Thank you again everyone and Happy New Year,
    Love Mari xxx

Elizellen
    Participant

Fantastic news, Mari!!

What a great Christmas gift for your whole family.

Eliz
    XX
    X

Perkymite
    Participant

Presents do not get any better that that:-D . Well done and all the best to the pair of you.
    kindest regards
    David

brocho
    Participant

Dear Mari what winderful news I am so pleased for you both Heres to a very good new year love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Hi Mari and Steve
    Wonderfull News for you all, and it is the best Present any of us can have.

Last year I was not on top form what with having my SCT 3rd December so xmas for us was low key:-( BUT this year I am on top form and just to prove it I am posting two photo's one of last year and one this year to prove that the SCT works a treat 😎

Enjoy the photo's and like me enjoy the New Year.

Amelie
    Participant

Congrats – I am so happy for you!!!!

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Mari

wonderful news, enjoy:-D

best wishes

sarah

meeuu
    Participant

That is a most wonderful Christmas present!. I am really happy for both of you. Let your New Year begin and enjoy every minute of it.:-)
    John

Gaye
    Participant

Wonderful news Mari! Go, go, go!
    Love, Gaye xx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The best Christmas present ever.’ is closed to new replies.