There is tough and there is tough

This topic contains 37 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Min
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    it sounds like you timed out!!! go into your post and edit it and add what you lost then you can take your time How are you? Im feeling down today, peters birthday tommorow so sad.
    Love Min

DaiCro
    Participant

My stepmother Dorothy died last week, 24 years after my father. Her funeral is tomorrow and I am going, along with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. There is to be a church service followed by interment at the town's main cemetery… my father was cremated but Dorothy wanted to be interred next to her first husband of 28 years… her 2 children asked and there were no objections – we knew her first husband Jack, he died of cancer and Dorothy and my father got together, first as friends, then shared 15 years of very happy marriage.

I don't know if I can cope with the walk to the graveside and the standing around for the internment so I will most likely attend the service and then go on to the reception at a small hotel owned by friends of my Dad and Dorothy.

I have decided that I want to be cremated… with my ashes interred under a new apple tree on my Nana's old farm on the side of Dinas Mountain in Pembrokeshire… the place of most of my childhood joy and the setting of my current novel (permission from the current owner notwithstanding that is):-) .

My Nan sold the farm to a Doctor as a holiday home in 1965… it is now owned by his son, also a doctor and in touch with my sister Sian who has taken over from me as the family archivist. The farm, 'Pen-Y-Mynydd' (The Mountain Top) is currently being overhauled and the owner has said he will be happy for our family to use it as paying guests (he is keeping its use for family and close friends, so we feel duly grateful and honoured).

I hope to stay around until it is ready so I can go stay there. I know it will be totally different but the spirit of the place will be the same. I am sure that the owner will not object to a small apple tree in a far corner. I know my children will continue to visit Fishguard occasionally and the thought of my grandchildren enjoying an apple fed by 'Tadcu' fills me with joy.

As stated I will be at the funeral tomorrow but I will raise a glass to Peter's birthday Min… and I will whisper a small something for you too.

Dai.

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Min

So sorry you are down, I am too and i dont have the excuse of gordons birthday, i guess the anniversarys are going to be very difficult. i do not think i will send many cards this year cannot cope with one name at the bottom, but grandchildren do help so much.i hope tomorrow is not to difficult will be thinking of you.

sarah xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Every one

Sorry in the late reply David Condolences sent to you all.
    And on a lighter note :: A well done in making your own (with the help of your Grandkids) last resting bed 😀 I would love to see photo's of it being constructed and what its paintings will be 😎

As for me I have moved to giving my body to a teaching hospital to cremation and back and forth so many times am not sure at the moment, I think its a bit of not wanting to talk to my Son's as to how they would feel 🙁 but am sure I wont have to worry about that for some years to come (thank the lord its MM 😉 )

Love to you all, I dont pop in this thread often often :-S

Tom xxxx

Perkymite
    Participant

Actually Tom, I did originally offer my body for research but the Consultant said it would not be suitable and would I please ensure I was taken off the donor register 😀 😀 😀

Nobody wants me boo hooo 🙁

Kindest reagards – Vasbyte

David

gina45
    Participant

Hi David, i am so sorry about your niece she was still a young lady.im glad the service went well.
    Its my mums funeral tomorrow and she is having the same as your niece songs she loved and the lords prayer etc. We did go to see mum today as it would have been her 72nd birthday and we left a card with her, we are also letting some lanterns go tonight for her.
    I hope that you are ok. You take care of yourself.
    Gina xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Min thinking of you today on Peters birthday love Bridget xxx

tom
    Participant

Hi David I haven't asked yet but Lord will I be pee d off if they dont want me Lol a fine speciman like me :-S ye ok so av seen better days Lol

Dear Gina I send my hugs for tomorrow and I will look out for the Lanters, Love and Hugs to you all (((xxx)))

Dear Min I also am thinking of you today ((xx))

Tom xxxx

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘There is tough and there is tough’ is closed to new replies.