Two years tomorrow…..

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nickinoo 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nickinoo
    Participant

Hi guys!

Long time no speak, sorry I haven't posted on here in such a long time, you guys were all so supportive when Sam was sick, I had planned to visit the site regularly in a hope that I could offer some reassurance to others at the time of need, but I haven't and I apologise for that, wrongly, Sam and mine's attitiude towards his illness has mostly been to ignore things and bury our head in the sand, not practically but emotionally, and I think this is probably why.

Sam is still doing fine, life for us at the moment is normal, he visits his consultant every 10 weeks or so and as of yet things have only ever continued to improve, long may it last….

Myeloma has been at the front of my mind for the last week or so, as tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of Sam's diagnosis, which is why I have made a long overdue visit to the site I guess….

Did everyone see the article in the Myeloma Matters Newsletter on green tea and it's Myeloma fighting properties? Amazing isn't it?? Sam is on at least one cup a day now hehe!

Ta ta for now!

Nicki xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Its not a problem but you know we are here for (and I hope you dont need it)you both when you feel you need it.

Tell Sam not to worry too much about the tests as I am three years and four months or their abouts 🙂 and am still going strong 🙂

The green tea I did not read about that but googled it today and am going to get some tomorrow 😀

Keep doing good its good to hear about the remissions.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

susan123
    Participant

Hi Nicki,
    Great to here all is ok, I am now 3 years and 2 months post transplant and going well. I was advised to drink green tea by an indian lady in my local shop, I have a cup of green tea 3 times per day, let's hope it works eh? it does take some getting used to though, even better with a bit of honey.

onwards and upwards (as tom say's)

Love Sue xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Nicki, Nice to hear all is well. Green Tea another one to add to the list with Cucumbers, Red wine etc etc… must check it out 😀

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

Just checked it out the link is

http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/benefit_of_drinking_green_tea

Three cups a day – but not it does not actually mention Myeloma!

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Nicki,

We are so glad to hear that Sam is doing so well… Janet sends her love and hopes that you are well and enjoying seeing Sam go from strength to strength.8-)

Hope to bump into you soon.:-D

Dai & Janet

nickinoo
    Participant

Hey guys!

Thanks for all of your lovely replies, so nice to read about the success stories (so to speak). Sam still gets very anxious in the lead up to his check ups, but I have to remind him to thunk about it logically, if there was a problem they surely would have had him back before his next scheduled appointment.

With regards to the green tea, apparently there is a specific ingredient in it that has been proven to damage myeloma cells but not healthy cells. I will need to find out the name of the ingredient.

Dai, please sent my love to Janet, hope that she is well 🙂
    Have a lovely weekend everyone!

Nicki xx

Lorna
    Participant

Hi Nicki

Great to hear Sam is doing well, long may it continue.

It's worth pointing out that green tea is a no no when on Velcade along with grapefuit in any form. I only mention it just in case.

Lorna x

nickinoo
    Participant

Thanks Lorna I had no idea, it really should mention it in the article.

Thankfully Sam isn't on velcade but it is important for everyone else to know just in case so thanks.

Nicki xx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Two years tomorrow…..’ is closed to new replies.