Website switch and forum problems…

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Gaye 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Folks,
    We switched over the new website yesterday so this is us from here on out. As usual with these things there were a few minor glitches but hopefully most of you were blissfully unaware it even happened. We will be removing the beta. part of the website name shortly so don't be surprised if you find yourselves at www. instead.

On a separate note we've noticed a problem with the discussion forum. Occasional posts are getting lost and appearing in the left hand navigation panel. I think Gaye experienced this yesterday. We've passed the problem on to the developers and they are working on a fix. In the mean time I'll keep my eyes peeled and move posts into their correct places if this happens again.

Cheers,
    Stuart.
    Web Team.

DaiCro
    Participant

Thanks Stuart, to you and to all the team that have made this site and this forum possible.

All your hard work and efforts in building the site and managing the change over are truly appreciated.:-)

Dai.

Roz
    Participant

A big thank you from me too:-)
    Roz

Min
    Participant

Hi Stuart,
    Big thank you for the new web site.
    I am finding the discussion forum, very slow to load,compared to the old one and the last new one: both on an apple mac and windows xp. Am I the only one experiencing this slow loading of any page on here?
    Used to be able to click and see, now there is a considerable delay after click!
    Min

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Min,
    I have noticed the speed of the website fall over recent weeks as well. I've reported this problem to the developers so I'm hoping for a fix shortly.

Thanks for the feedback,
    Stuart.

jills
    Participant

Hi Stuart,

Can I also say that I find the discussion forum very slow to use as well – each page seems to take ages! I hope this can be fixed as it makes it very hard work.

Thanks

Jill

Gaye
    Participant

Yes, I thought it was me and my computer but it is slowing driving me bonkers! Aaaargh!

Over and out, Gaye xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Yes, mine's like treacle too but I'm fine with that as long as its not just me 😉 😎 🙂

Hope its sorted soon.

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Me too and it drives me nuts !!

Min
    Participant

Stuart and Web Team

J[b]ust wanted you to know that the SPEED is back[/b]. thanks a lot guys. No clicking and waiting its click and go again.
    Big well done.
    Just one more little thing. there was a wealth of information on the old site from old posts. Any chance of an archive?????
    MIn

jmsmyth
    Participant

Me too/ vry slow – like swimming through mud. Mind you have never done that !!!

Thanks Jean

Debs
    Participant

Hi Stuart,
    Just a thought but could there be a topic for people who have sort of 'survivor' stories? There was someone on the Under 50 thread on the old site for example, who talked about how he'd had MM for 19 years I think it was…..and that's the sort of thing it's great for us all to see now and again…..esp for people who have just been diagnosed, and need to know that there is some hope.
    Thanks
    Debs

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes, thank you for the new site I personally much prefer it.

One problem: Am I the only one that has not yet worked out how to use the spell checker?? I cannot even seem to find one. Generally I type in Word and copy and paste!

Kindest regards
    David

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi David,
    Glad you like it but I'm afraid there isn't a spell checker on this version of the site. I've put in a request to improve the message editing features and a spell checker is top of that list. It's a real shame Internet Explorer doesn't have a built in spell checker like all the alternative web browsers.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

webteam
    Keymaster

Hi Min,
    I've raised the issue of creating an archive with our developers and they are looking at the options. This will hopefully be something we can get sorted out in the new year.

Cheers,
    Stuart.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Website switch and forum problems…’ is closed to new replies.