Yesterday Michaels funeral

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  KWilson 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Roz
    Participant

Hi All

A big thanks for all your hugs, thoughts and messages.

I got through the day, how I still don't really know. I did break in the service especially when I heard our songs. I broke saying the verse too, but I did it.

Sue Mason
    Thanks for your thoughts,your understanding of how I feel, having been through it with Gary. I really appretiate it. Last night was hard coming home to an empty house. My daughter and granddaughter came then my sister. I darnt think ahead. People were telling me to go on holday, but I cannot imagine ever doing that again. Others were asking what I was doing with his ashes. Well the plan is to take them to Teignmouth where Michael wanted to retire. However how I do it and when I do it I don't know.

Yesterday made everything so real. Ilove him to bits and I dont imagine I'll stop feeling lost, apart of me has gone too.

Love to you all

Lots of donations were made to help you lot, just got to sort em.

Roz

doddel
    Participant

Hi Roz,

Glad you managed to get through your reading, it must have been hard but you should be proud of yourself.

We are 3 weeks on from my dad passing and 2 from his funeral and we are still all in a bit of a daze, not sure if its the time of year it has all happened or if this is normal.

Hope you are looking after yourself too (have to keep reminding my mum to do the same).

Donna xx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Donna

Sorry for your dad too. Things like this always happen around Christmas and it is a blo— shame.

Roz

mikey
    Participant

Hi Roz,
    Cannot think of words to help you, but feeling for you at this time , its an awful time for you,just hope you pull through, and think of the good times you had together, you were a rock for him during the last year or so, if only he knew of the times you were on here,trying to get the best for him,and asking questions, here and at the hospitals.
    I hope you get down to Teignmouth, when you feel up to it, it would be an emotional day, but a day you may grow to think of fondly in the future .
    Take good care Roz, hope you keep in touch, with us all, when you feel up to it, so we know you are doing ok.
    Best Wishes.
    Mike. x

Gill
    Participant

Hi Roz

Thanks for letting us know how Michael's service went. I suppose it is now one day at a time for you. I think it is a lovely idea to take Michael's ashes to Teignmouth, but don't rush it. You'll know when the time is right.

When my dad died the funeral director had a tick list and automatically went to tick off "ashes = garden of rememberance" too imperssonal for my liking. We bought a beautiful weeping japanese cherry tree for the garden and put the ashes under there To me it meant I could still chat to him now and again.

Silly I suppose but it gave me some comfort.

Do keep in touch if you can

Love and kindest wishes from Gillxxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Roz,

My thoughts were with you on Friday, I appreciate how difficult it must have been but well done you for getting through your reading.

I agree with the advice about taking a holiday and perhaps the best way to do it is to go to Teignmouth, in the early spring, when life is recycling and take Michaels ashes with you. It could be beneficial in helping you in getting out and about again as well as finding Michael somewhere to rest where you know he would like to be.

Of course he will always be alive in you and at the end of the day that is what really matters.

Dai. xxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks

I'm finding it hard. I still cannot sleep, my carers don't know what to say so I send em home, that means I spend most of my time alone.
    I think I've done everything you have to do when you loose a husband/wife/partner. My brotherinlaw has helped me alot where he can. There is lots to do I assure you, lots more than I thought.

Back to a more cheerful note. On behalf of Michael the money raised so far comes to £532.00 Just have to put it into bank to write a cheque or send via visa.

Please keep well
    Roz

brocho
    Participant

Dear Roz I am sure it must be very tough for you at the moment .Try and take it one day at a time . What a brilliant amount of money for myeloma uk , you should feel very proud that people who knew Michael felt able to donate love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Dear Roz

I am so pleased you got through the day and your reading went well.

I know you will have had loads of advice but mine is only to take one day at a time, as they tell me Time is a great healer.

Love and Hugs to you.

Tom xxxx

Roz
    Participant

Thanks Bridget and Tom

I'm trying to go one day at a time. Sometimes its worse than others.

Thanks for your thoughts and hugs, and keep on fighting your illness.

Love Roz

tom
    Participant

Hi Roz

One day at a time is the only way to do it.

And you know We think of you everyday 😀 and wish you well

Another one of Tom's "Cyberhugs" on its way WWwwwwOOoooooSSSsssHHHHhh there you are you got it

Love and Hugs

Tom xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

They say that Teignmouth is beautiful in the spring… why not book a few days – make a date and work towards it, as Tom says, one day at a time.

Do whatever feels right for you Roz – perhaps it is time for you to be self-centered, even selfish… in terms of what you want, where you go and what you do. Its allowed you know. 🙂

Dai.

Roz
    Participant

Thanks

I still feel guilty and in the way to do that just yet but its a good idea.

Roz

shirley
    Participant

Big well done you,Micheal would've been so proud of you as well as your daughters and grandaughter,. Your gonna have days when you feel like poop and if you ever want to scream,rant and rage and have a good old weep,come on here,never feel your alone ok,you take care, Shirls x x x

Tazleem
    Participant

Hi Roz,

I live in Teignmouth, can I help, Taz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday Michaels funeral’ is closed to new replies.