10 March 2012

This topic contains 19 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ChelleMc
    Participant

I've been a widow for 8 days now. I still can't get use to it. Phil went to bed fine that Thursday and then I was calling 999 at 3:30a. He perked up Friday then gone @ 10:30 Saturday morning. I guess he perked up so his parents, sister, my mum and our 3 kids could say good bye? He passed in my arms with his parents and sister next to him. I gave him a "bath" after and changed his clothes and bed sheets. Yes he was in ICU but they gave him such dignaty. They still spoke to him and treated him like a person, my loving husband. I am still going to run my support group, fundraise for Myeloma UK, and make sure my husband didm't die at 37 for nothing. The funeral is Friday so I need to get through this week of being in limbo.
    God Bless You Phil, my love, my life, my best friend and a brilliant father.. Love you always…. RIP…. xxxx

zasrs
    Participant

Dear Michelle
    I was so sorry to read of the loss of your husband at such a young age from this dreadful disease, my thoughts are with you and your family. You will have days ahead, my only advice is take all the help on offer and keep your family close. Be kind dot yourself.
    With love
    Sarah

brocho
    Participant

Dear Michelle I am so sorry you have lost your husband far too soon to this lousy illness . It must be a comfort to know all the people who loved him were with him at the end The days ahead will be hard for all of you but together you will get through it Hang on to those lovely memories of your life together . Although Phil is not here physically he was your soul mate and will always be in your heart Look after yourself and please keep in touch if you feel able to Love Bridget x

tom
    Participant

Dear Michelle

I am so so sorry you have lost your beloved Husband Phil.

Loads of Love and Hugs sent to you and Phil's Family and Friends
    Take Care Michelle and please keep in touch

Love Tom xxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Michelle,

All I can say is how sorry I am for you and your children… I hope that the love you shared with Phil will live on in you and yours… providing you with the strength to carry on together.

Dai.

susan123
    Participant

Dear Michelle,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and childrens father Phil, hang on to the good times and they will see you through,

love and thoughts

Sue xx

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Dear Michelle
    If I could give you a big hug i would!..I am so sorry to hear about Phil passing away.I can only echo the words of others and say remember all those goods times you had together.
    Lets keep in touch
    Paul XX

Tina
    Participant

Dear Michelle,

Strength and love to you Michelle, God Bless you Phil

God saw you getting tired,
    When a cure was not to be
    So he wrapped his arms around you
    And whispered ?come to me?

You didn?t deserve what you went through,
    So he gave you a long-earnt rest
    God?s garden must be beautiful
    He only takes the best

When I saw you sleeping that day,
    So peaceful & free from pain
    I could not wish you back to me
    To suffer that again

Tina X

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Michelle

Like everyone else i send you my heart felt sympathy. I am so glad Phil had such a dignified end and that all the family could share.

Be kind to yourself in the days ahead and take help from wherever it is offered. It is natural to be sad, and to fall to pieces from time to time.

Love and prayers for you and all the family.

Mavis x

Min
    Participant

Dear Michelle,
    I am so very very sorry for your tragic loss.
    It is an absolute tragedy that one so young should have to suffer this goddamn illness particularly when he had a young family to love.
    You will have some difficult times ahead, and frustrating feelings too, you will survive and look back in the future at the happier times when he was fit and well, and surrounded by giddy love and passion.
    Take care, and be gentle on yourself when grief overwhelms you, you will come out the other side, and smile again.
    Min

Eva
    Participant

Dear Michelle,
    Devastated to hear this – thinking of your and your family,
    Eva

ChelleMc
    Participant

I would just like to say a huge thank you for all the kind words. We are managing day by day and tear by tear. My 1st concern is the 2 oldest kids. I have spoke with both their schools and am sorting bereavement counsiling for them. The baby is doing better. Getting to be more of herself. Hopefully they will cope OK on Friday. It's tough to be strong when you feel so weak. Thank you all again very much..
    Lots of love.
    Chelle xx

Helen
    Participant

Dear Michelle
    So so sorry to hear about Phill, he was too young to leave and you must be heartbroken. I wish you all the strength you and your children need in the days, weeks and times to come. Remember all the good things and talk about them to your children keep him live in your memories.
    love Helen

Gill
    Participant

Dear Michelle

I am so sorry to hear that Phil died. This is such a nasty illness for everybody but particularly cruel to young people like Phil.

I am sure that Friday will be very difficult for you all but hope that it will also be a celebration of Phil's life.

As Helen said do talk to the children about him and keep him real for you all.

Love from Gill x

ozzy
    Participant

Dear Michelle
    I'm just reading your post and I am so very sorry to hear about Phil's passing.I am Ozzy's wife Gayle and reading your post just brings home to me the true reality on how this cruel horrid illness strikes and destroys loving families in its path. Friday will be a hard day but as Gill says it is a celebration of Phil's life and nobody can take away the wonderful memories you shared and you have the legacy of his children.
    Take care of yourself. Stay strong. Gayle & Ozzy xxx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘10 March 2012’ is closed to new replies.