BAH HUMBUG!!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mari 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

brocho
    Participant

Hi everyone hope you have had a good weekend Please excuse this mini-rant but I need to grumble and havent got a dog to moan to ! Weekend started with me picking up the cold that has been round the entire family Now I can put up with all sorts of pain and illness but the common cold turns me into a whimpering wreck ( or a man – sorry only a joke !!)Needless to say my husband has been prostrate on the sofa the entire weekend with his cold ! By yesterday I was coughing like a good un , but no temp so far so will wait and see The thing that has really made me fed up is the washing machine dying !! How dare it conk out this near xmas when money is tight Grrr So today took me back several years , as I was hand washing You just dont realise how much we rely on modern gadgets till they have gone So tomorrow will be a guess whats wrong with the washing machine if I can persuade Jeff to have a look at it Well thankyou that feels better having got it off my chest Apologies for the most boring post ever Goodnight sleep tight love Bridget x Do you think I could get xmas postponed for a bit !! Haha

Roz
    Participant

Hi Bridget

When you manage to prospone xmas let me know cos I don't want it either.

Sorry about your washer and your cold, please watch yourself. Just moan like all men do.

Roz

brocho
    Participant

Hi Roz thankyou but I must admit to feeling ashamed for moaning about trivial matters x

Min
    Participant

Moan away Bridget,
    I am happy to hear you get it off your chest. Hope your cold goes soon
    I remember the good old days when we went on regular holidays coming home with two suitcases full of washing to a dead washing machine. I nearly had an apopleptic fit. Made a hurried purchse on the internet, then discovered it was a fuse!!!!!!!

meeuu
    Participant

[b]Made a hurried purchse on the internet, then discovered it was a fuse!!!!!!! [/b]
    Now you know why us men moan!!

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Rant away. At least here we listen and supportive!.Dog doesn't lisen either. I have a Westie and compltely ignores me.

I hope you cold improves. I had it for a week (just remnants hanging on). Frank has it and even I have to admit it was bad. We are sitting watching the United Arsenal match and Frank has all the cold remedies in front of him and is wrapped in a blanket. It's like a bl***y hot house in here.

I just love Christmas so I wish you a speedy recovery and take care of yourself. Get hubby to wait on you.

Love Jean xx

brocho
    Participant

Hi Jean thankyou I love xmas too so come xmas eve I will be in the swing of it Hope you and Frank feel better soon love Bridget x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Bridget

I am really thinking of buying shares in Lemsip and Manuka honey! Have to admit Franks form appears to have improved. Maybe it's because Man United won! Little pleases the innocent. He has had no temp = so that is good. He is sitting with the lemsip and honey – me – a gin and tonic. Don't know if the lempsip is doing him any good but the G & T is doing me the workd of good.

Hope you wake up tomorrow feeling a lot better.

Love Jean xx

zasrs
    Participant

Hi Bridget

Keep ranting it does so much good sorry about the washing machine always happens to the best people over christmas!! I am not to fond of christmas but come christmas eve at the children carol service in church i am a buublig wreck and enjoy everything fro the on!! Mulled wine might have something to do with it!!

happy christmas

with love sarah xx

Gaye
    Participant

Firstly Bridget I am sorry to hear you have been feeling grotty and hope that the cold has stayed precisely that and nothing worse. A prostrate husband on the settee sounds interesting but I alays laugh at this word, because I have heard so many people refer to prostrate cancer rather than prostate and I can rarely keep a straight face – aren't I naughty!

Regarding the conked out washing machine it could have been worse. Somebody I know returned from a holiday in Goa 2 weeks ago only to find her bungalow wrecked because the pipes burst in the cold weather. It will take a year before all the repairs make it habitable again.

Sarah I feel exactly the same about Christmas – it's always the children that bring on the blubbing. May they continue to do so!

Love, Gaye xx

Mari
    Participant

Dear Bridget,

I think a moan is perfectly justified, I would be miserable without my washer so I hope you get fixed up soon. We still have a few days before Christmas so with any luck there is time for you to feel better before the big day. I hope you can find a little time out to indulge yourself and feel better, keep warm and I hope we dont see to much of this snow we are threatened with,

Love and hugs,

Mari xxx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BAH HUMBUG!!!!’ is closed to new replies.