First report post SCT

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 13 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi Guys and Girls,
    I had an excellent first meeting with my Consultant, 30 days post SCT. He seems very pleased with my progress which he thought was ?ahead of the game?. I must admit I feel good and fit ? as long as I do not overdue it. He has said I can now mix with the human race, book holidays and start cycling (sorry Eva giving up walking for cycling, which I can do with the Wife ? I am using the Wife?s old cycle she got a new one from our children for Christmas, but, I did get a real swish new helmet!).

For the technical; minded WB is 6.6 (ref range 4.2-10.8), HB 11.2 (13.5-17.5 this is down from 11.7 (but he said it is of no concern at this stage), Plts 334 (150-400) and Neuts 3.4 (2.0-7.5). Blood test 24 days after SCT.

My only downer was that my PP was 2.2. I think perhaps I was expecting a little much to go straight into remission. However the Consultant has assured me that it is too early to tell and I must be patient.

I specially asked about colds and flu. First Swine flu ? I had a Swine flu jab on the 15 Nov and SCT on 12 Dec he has said I do not need another swine flu jab. Colds ? his answer was I should not worry about them if I got a cold then it would likely take me longer than the normal person to get rid of it but it should not be a problem. Flu – again he thought this was similar to colds but his advice was to keep a close watch on temperature and if it got above the magic 38 then ring the hospital for advice.
    Medication; I continue on Loron (sodium Clodronate ? for de bones man), Aciclvir (Anti ?viral shingles for one more month ? just to be certain it does not come back) and I have a new one which they expect me to be on for some time which is Co-trimoxazole this is an antibiotic to help my body fight off any bugs that come my way.

Well, that is my story so it is ?onwards and upwards? (now who said that?)
    Kindest regards
    David

Roz
    Participant

Great news David,

Just remember don't over do things just because you feel fit and well! Remember things take time to heal. But good news any way.
    Hope you carry on tis way.
    Love Roz

Amelie
    Participant

Hi David,
    Thanks for the great news!
    May I ask why a PP of 2.2 is a downer? I thought it was good as long as it is below 5.
    Take care!
    Love
    Amelie

Perkymite
    Participant

Yes, you are right Amelie. I am just greedy:-D. Just wanted that magic ZERO pp. Who knows I might still get there 😉

kindest regards
    david

Amelie
    Participant

I understand you! I was also disappointed when I heard that John's PP is 2.4, but as far as I have understood it can still be a complete response when there is no evidence of the disease in the bone marrow.
    Yes, it can continue go down the next 6 months.
    Best,
    Amelie

brocho
    Participant

Hi David great news its always good to hear things have worked out well There will be no stopping you now —Tour de France??? Dont overdo it though rest when your body tells you to love Bridget x

Mari
    Participant

Thats great news David I am delighted tohear you are doing so well. As for the PP's well i understand that sometimes they can take time to change. The paraproteins in your blood may be old ones as some of them have a longish half life, so the levels take time to go down,

I hope you continue to feel well

Mari x

Georgina
    Participant

Hi David

That's great news. Hopefully your PP's will carry on falling. Enjoy the cycling and everything else you like doing.

Take care
    Georgina

zasrs
    Participant

Hi David

Great news so glad went so well at the hospital, Gordons app. post sct is next week not sure he is doing so well as yourself as he is still on GCSF every 5 days, but as you say onwards and upwards:-D

best wishes

sarah

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi David

How great to hear such good news from you. Do enjoy your "new" life.

Best wishes.

Mavis

Eva
    Participant

Dear David,
    By the way, I'm hopeless on a bicycle! I only learned to cycle when I was in my thirties. Today was the first day when I tried to run again after the cold spell. I'm in the north of Scotland and I ran on a country path. I managed to find a track that wasn't iced over! Hope you and your wife have a great time on the cycles.
    Eva

meeuu
    Participant

That sure is good news David and a nice start to the New Year. Coincidentally, my catchword when I was involved in mountaineering was "Onwards, ever Upwards" and I would regularly say this to the group that I might be leading, as we re-started our trek after a rest break. Funny old world!.
    John

Gavin
    Participant

Hi David
    So pleased for you! The figures sound excellent at this stage and the fact that you are feeling so good is fantastic. Keep it up and carry on cycling – you are an inspiration to those of us who follow in your footsteps!!
    Very best wishes
    Gavin

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi David

What fabulous news, great to hear! Dont do too much, take it easy with the cycling.

with love michelle x x

tom
    Participant

Way To Go David 😉

And long may it continue to be An "Onward and Upwards" way (not sure who says it though 😎 )

As for the Cycling well its too much for me give me the Car or walking anyday 😛 i seem to be too wobly on a bike these days :-/

Enjoy it all as it comes along and most of all have fun 😎

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First report post SCT’ is closed to new replies.