Gordon update

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

zasrs
    Participant

My very Dear cyber Friends

Today we said goodbye to Gordon there were so many people at the church there was standing room only,it was a lovley service or at least so i was told how on earth do i tell! I asked for donations to Pevensey Ward Day Unit very dear to Gordons heart.

Thank you all for your kind postings,Dia his red tractor is being used by my youngest son to unload straw bails, one of Gordons favoutite jobs. the harvest this year is amazing i so wish he could have lived long enough to see it.

My daughter, daughter in law and son in law ran 10k and half marathons at the weekend raising over a £1000 for myeloma uk, they decided to do this way back in january, so it was a very difficult thing for them to do last sunday.

My deepest love to you all and keep fighting this horrid disease, hopefully more treatments will come online.

Sarah XXXX

gina45
    Participant

Sarah, it sounds like Gordon was loved by many. Im glad that he had a good turnout. I hope you are ok and make sure you look after yourself
    Gina xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Sarah it shows how many people cared about Gordon to have such a good turnout , it must be a help for you to know that . I bet Gordon would be pleased his red tractor is sitting idleand I am sure he watches over your son. What a wonderful family you have Sarah , to raise such a fantastic amount of money , especially as it must have been a very emotional day You must have been bursting with pride! Lots of love Sarah make sure you look after yourself and it would be lovely if you felt able to post on here from time to time to let us know how you are.Take care love Bridgetx

mhnevill
    Participant

Dear Sarah

I'm also pleased so many people turned out to wish Gordon farewell. I agree with Briget, it really does show how much he was respected and admired.

You have a wonderful family. I do hope that you find comfort and support for each other in the difficult months ahead.

Thank you to the family for their fund raising on behalf of the Myeloma family.

Hang on to the fact that Gordon's love continues to surround you.

God bless and keep you strong.

Love.

Mavis x

Gill
    Participant

Hi Sarah

It must have been so hard for all of you to do the things that were already planned before Gordon died. The fact that your close family raised so much money is fantastic and Gordon's red tractor will be remembered by all on this site for a very long time:-)

Please stay in touch, at least for a while to let us know how you are doing

Gillxx

Roz
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

Glad Gorden was thought of lots and the funeral was a sell out. It must have been hard to let us all know.
    Thanks for doing it. Please keep in touch

Love to you all
    Roz

DMC
    Participant

Dear Sarah, so sorry to hear of Gordons passing.He put up a great fight and now will be sorely missed by you all. Loved by many.
    He has now gone to a better place, no more to wander in a strange land.
    Thank you for your contribution to this wonderful site, with all your help and words of support for us all.
    Love to you and all your family. May God bless you all.
    DMC.

DaiCro
    Participant

Me? I'm lost for words at the moment… I feel close to him but more later.

Lots of love to you and yours. xxx

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Hi Sarah
    How are you holding up,I hope the family are keeping you busy,but still finding time for your quiet moments,The harvest must be gathered by now,Hoping you are drawing strength from every thing around you.
    best Wishers Eve

Tina
    Participant

Dear Sarah,

I am sure you found it very heartwarming having so many people at the funeral to bid a final farewell to Gordon. I am so glad you have family around to support you and as Bridget says make sure you take care of yourself. Gordon is now free of pain and all the angst that this b**d illness brings.

Strength and love

Tina X

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

The harvest is all in, it rained the next day, i am sure gordon had something to do with it! I do not remember ever finishing this eary before, only 1976 and then we had nothing to cut because everything had dried up!

Still keep thinking gordon is in hospital, dreading reality, i will keep taking the little white pills at night!

keep well my friends

sarah xx

tom
    Participant

Dear Sarah

What A wonderful turn out for Gordon, you and your Family must be very proud as the turnout was to say goodbye to Gordon and also to support you and your Lovely Family.

Keep Strong.

Love
    Tom xxx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gordon update’ is closed to new replies.